The A. Nonny Mouse Promotional Tarot Deck: The Sequel!!!

canid

Really really dumb question, I have no doubt, but WHAT is done with these decks?

Also, any way I could get dibs on some cards for next year, so I'd have more fantasy time?

gregory

canid - where HAVE you been ? :D

The artists will each get a pdf of all the cards to print off. Pdfs will also be available for anyone here to buy (I think that was what we agreed) and the two DECKS will be auctioned off here when they are complete. All this is in aid of the A Nonny Mouse programme.

Cat*

Posts #1 and #24 updated.

Have Aulruna's cards arrived, yet?

canid said:
Really really dumb question, I have no doubt, but WHAT is done with these decks?
As far as I know, the two decks will be raffled off to their very lucky new owners.

There was some talk way back when to take one of the Nonny Decks travelling (i.e. send it round to everyone who helped creating it so we all get a chance to try it out), but I'm not sure if this is a good idea after all. It would take at least another year (if we calculate about a week per person and take into account that many people contributed more than one card) until it had made its rounds...

Other than that, all cards will be scanned (or have been scanned already), and those scans will be available for purchase so people could download and print out their own copy of the deck. Contributors get a free download, of course.

Do I remember this correctly?

ETA: gregory said it first, and way more effectively. ;)

canid said:
Also, any way I could get dibs on some cards for next year, so I'd have more fantasy time?
So far, there haven't been any plans to repeat the making of another Nonny Deck. I have no idea if anyone would be up to coordinating another Nonny deck. After all, it has taken us an entire year to even complete the deck (and this is assuming that the remaining cards will arrive by mid-December), let alone run the raffle, set up the download option, and wrap it all up. So that's a pretty long-term commitment.

There have been previous AT community decks (without a Mouse focus), so maybe people would like to run one of those projects again? There is a thread asking about the next one of those that keeps being bumped occasionally...

That said, I could probably be easily convinced to participate in another A Nonny Mouse Deck or another AT community deck... ;)

gregory

Only Solandia controls the actual COMMUNITY deck - I think any volunteer would need to check with her.

canid - why not make a whole mousey deck of your very OWN and sell it !

ETA I was one who said please do NOT travel it. The other travelling decks took over a year; I know this - and it almost got lost at least twice this round. Once it was returned to the sender and it took WEEKS to get to somewhere at one point.

Cat*

gregory said:
Only Solandia controls the actual COMMUNITY deck - I think any volunteer would need to check with her.
I had been wondering... Thanks for clarifying!

gregory said:
ETA I was one who said please do NOT travel it. The other travelling decks took over a year; I know this - and it almost got lost at least twice this round. Once it was returned to the sender and it took WEEKS to get to somewhere at one point.
:bugeyed: I think I'm wholly against travelling the Nonny Deck now. I used to like the idea, but I now that I think of it I couldn't stand the thought of losing in the mail the original of a deck that literally existed only once (the two Nonny Decks are not the same) and was completely irreplacable...

gregory

Cat* said:
:bugeyed: I think I'm wholly against travelling the Nonny Deck now. I used to like the idea, but I now that I think of it I couldn't stand the thought of losing in the mail the original of a deck that literally existed only once (the two Nonny Decks are not the same) and was completely irreplacable...
Quite. It was bad enough that it had all our signatures on it, when we thought we'd lost the Noblet this year....

Aulruna

Cat* said:
Posts #1 and #24 updated.

Have Aulruna's cards arrived, yet?

I'd also like to know!! (Anxiously thinks of poor little myce lost in a snow storm, in a foreign country...)

Grizabella

These will be such precious, precious decks for the lucky winners! And some of the cards are even being printed in Major Tom's calendar, too! I'm so touched by this whole thing.

I've got part of the Nonny card case done now, in "spare" time from regular projects and a flare-up of my disease. As I understand it, the Nonny card case will be another raffle item.

I don't think I'll enter the raffle for fear I might win something because I'd feel very guilty about that, but otherwise I'd dearly love to have one of the decks myself. Who wouldn't? Maybe I'll see if someone will print me the pdf's since I don't have a printer if I reimburse them the cost.

Anyway, thanks so much to everyone who participated in this and Feretian and helpers for persevering till the end. :heart:

I don't think travelling them would be the way to go, either. Or maybe travelled just to the artists and others who worked on it? That way it wouldn't take so long.

Cat*

Alright, my fellow Myce, I think I need to give two of you a little kick into your adorable furry myce butts...

Yes, I'm speaking to YOU, Sebavin & rhombchick! *stern look over the rim of my glasses*

This is the sad state of my knowledge about the whereabouts of your cards:
Cups
4 - rhombchick - done...
8 - Sebavin - ???...
10 - rhombchick - ???...

Swords
Page - Sebavin - nearly done...​

Please tell me good news about these cards. Tell me you have created them, wrapped them in a snuggly little envelope and sent them off to Myss Furry Feretian aaaages ago. Tell me that we already have two complete Nonny decks by now and just don't know about them, yet. :) But most of all, tell me the truth.

It's been nearly A WHOLE YEAR that this deck has been in the making. Have mercy with all of our nerves! At this point, the best art is FAST art. If you get my point. Or poynte, as we say in Myce Speake.

Also, Myss Furry Feretyean: Do we get any further peeks of these newer creations over in the Raffle thread? Will you show us a corner or two of your own mycetacular cards?

Furrily yours,
Mycey M. Cat

All Is One

Feretian was also going to color my cards for me, whych would have improved them quite hugely. Hoping to see those too.