For anyone searching for Tarot music.

Divine Onyx

Hello, I've searched through the boards and noticed that people are looking for music involving the Tarot. I've found 2 albums that everyone should buy if they come across them.

David & Steve Gordon - Music of the Tarot
Kevin Kendle - Tarot

Both are different albums.

Kevin Kendle's album centers around the first 11 Cards of the Major Arcana.

David & Steve Gordon's album is mainly center around both the Major and Minor Arcana.

Sword King

I go through periods of intense listening from time to time where I focus on a certain specific genre of music. One of the genres I cycle through often in winter is the so-called 'progressive' rock of the 70s.

I recently discovered fairly obvious tarot themes in a couple of works:

Steve Hackett - Voyage of the Acolyte (1975)

"Ace of Wands" – 5:23
"Hands of the Priestess I" – 3:28
"A Tower Struck Down" – 4:53
"Hands of the Priestess II" – 1:31
"The Hermit" – 4:49
"Star of Sirius" – 7:08
"The Lovers" – 1:50
"Shadow of the Hierophant" – 11:44

The Enid - In the Region of the Summer Stars (1976)

"The Fool...The Falling Tower" (6:16)
"Death, The Reaper" (3:59)
"The Lovers" (5:17)
"The Devil" (4:14)
"The Sun" (4:39)
"The Last Judgement" (8:12)
"In The Region Of The Summer Stars" (6:19)

The titles alone give you an idea of the artists' inspiration. This music is dated and it sounds dated. I happen to think it sounds dated in a groovy way, but your mileage may vary. :)

As for whether or not the songs evoke the cards they're named after - I'll leave that as an exercise for the listener. :p

porcupines

OMG this is amazing!! Yes!

Blackstar

Steve Hackett - Voyage of the Acolyte (1975)

"Ace of Wands" – 5:23
"Hands of the Priestess I" – 3:28
"A Tower Struck Down" – 4:53
"Hands of the Priestess II" – 1:31
"The Hermit" – 4:49
"Star of Sirius" – 7:08
"The Lovers" – 1:50
"Shadow of the Hierophant" – 11:44

As for whether or not the songs evoke the cards they're named after - I'll leave that as an exercise for the listener. :p

Haha, I came here all happy about this discovery and now I see I have been anticipated (is that the right word?)
Pretty good stuff if you're into prog rock! I listened to it the other day while watching the cards. I'm not sure about the hierophant card-music connection though, but it's a great song.