Please identify a Tarot book

Zezina

Years ago, I copied a series of two-line poems, couplets, one for each of the 78 Tarot cards, from a Tarot book I had or had borrowed at that time, into the page for each Tarot card of my Tarot notebook.

For example, the poem for The Fool is: 'You have the power to use your will
Use with wisdom, be soul-still'

The poem for The Magician is: 'Through God's love let all men know
All is given, blessings flow'

Now I no longer have that original book or the reference to it, but I have used those little poems for many of the posts about daily draw cards on my Tarot blog that is in my User CP.

I would very much like to quote and acknowledge the author and source of these little poems, but despite searching, I have never been able to do this. Your Tarot library might well contain the original book where I found these poems, and you may be able to tell me the author and title.

Now a woman has contacted me, after visiting my blog, asking for the source of the poems, as she would like to quote some of these little poems in a novel she is writing.

Would you mind looking through the books in your Tarot library to see if you can identify the book and author for me?

The Tarot book must be more than ten years old, probably much older.

Winterchild

Was it Rachel Pollacks Shining Tribe?

gregory

I think they MAY just possibly be from Eileen Connolly - I was googling, and the quotations seem to kick in on scribd - but I am NOT paying to look...

http://www.tarotpassages.com/handbook1.htm ??? the review refers to couplets !

firecatpickles

THE LOVERS​
Select well with integrity
high;​
Your moral scruples tell
you why​

quoted from the book greggers referenced.

Zezina

THAT'S IT - EILEEN CONNOLLY! Thank you so much gregory and firecat!

Actually, it was my search to identify the author of these couplets that originally led me to Aeclectic Tarot about three years ago.

I'll be able to share this information with the person who contacted me.

Thank you all for your help in this.

rachelcat

Tarot: A New Handbook for the Apprentice, Eileen Connolly

This was my first tarot book, back in the 80s. But I forgot all about the couplets!

Zezina

Yes, I think it was the first Tarot book for me too, rachelcat. It was so long ago, no wonder I'd forgotten the source of the couplets, as I could never learn them by rote. It was easier to learn the cards other ways.

But I made a note of them, as aide-memoires.

Winterchild

Oh my.. I have this too but didnt dream of looking in it.....!

Zezina

Oh my.. I have this too but didnt dream of looking in it.....!

I think it's a book many people here would have left behind them years ago. I passed mine on to someone else after reading it.