The Thursday Night Tarot

mac22

Teheuti said:
Jason never wanted to be a guru or spiritual leader. He was simply willing to share what he knew with those who were drawn to the BOTA tarot. He kept his regular job and met once a week with those who wanted to look more deeply into the tarot symbolism. He refused to get caught up in debating superficial points, always coming back to the seemingly simple but profound essence of a card. I think this comes across quite clearly in the book. In my opinion you get the true heart of the BOTA work from a man designated as Case's spiritual rather than temporal successor.

Well spoken Mary!! :D

Bonnie

Thursday Night Tarot

For me, this is one of the most important Tarot books, and some of the most important Tarot material, that we have available to us. I wish that I had been there to attend his classes in person. His personality comes through strongly in his work.

You not only get to learn about each card, but at the end of the presentation there are questions fromt he audience that Lotterhand answers.

You have more than a gem here - the value of this book transcends any type of "value" meaning.

This work has come to you for a reason. :)

Bonnie

Significators

My personal opinion is that the use of significator's is up to the reader. I do not use them, many of my friends do.

LavenderLibra

Thank you all for the feedback--I am so glad that I picked this book up. I flipped through it a little last night , and what I read looked interesting; like a "real person" talking, and real conversations. I never know what I am going to run across at the used book store!

Teheuti

NamasteIndia said:
The first topic mentioned is about knowing the significator.
http://tarotinstitute.com/free/oracle.html

I was wondering is it essential to do this exercise
Since i was never using it earlier during my readings.
You are referring to Case's early book on The Oracle of the Tarot. In the Golden Dawn method of reading the cards, known as "The Opening of the Key," a significator is essential because its presence shows which stack (after cutting the deck into four stacks) will be used. It also indicates the staring point for a reading when the cards are spread in a line or arc.

Since most people do not (or rarely) do "The Opening of the Key" series of spreads, and since the use of a significator is mostly optional in other spreads, many people no longer use a significator except in the few spreads where one really makes a difference.

SilentBreeze

I discovered this book this summer, and it turned out to be one of my favorite tarot books of all time. I really like the conversation format and it made everything so easy to understand, and it was filled with these nice spiritual lessons. I would highly recommend it.

fyreflye

Didn't you attend at least some of these sessions yourself?

Teheuti said:
Jason never wanted to be a guru or spiritual leader. He was simply willing to share what he knew with those who were drawn to the BOTA tarot. He kept his regular job and met once a week with those who wanted to look more deeply into the tarot symbolism. He refused to get caught up in debating superficial points, always coming back to the seemingly simple but profound essence of a card. I think this comes across quite clearly in the book. In my opinion you get the true heart of the BOTA work from a man designated as Case's spiritual rather than temporal successor.

Teheuti

fyreflye said:
Didn't you attend at least some of these sessions yourself?
Yes. Not regularly but probably about a half dozen times. It was a very busy time in my life or I would have gone more.

LavenderLibra

Talk about synchronicity...

I've been reading little bits of this on my lunchbeak at work. (Although some of it is over my head). Thursday night, I wrote down the names of 2 Paul Foster Case books that were mentioned in the front of the book, that it said you would need: The Tarot-A Key to the Wisdom of the Ages, and The Highlights of Tarot.

I rechecked my favorite used book store tonight, 12 days after my last visit. And what do I find (after never hearing of it before?).
The Tarot-A Key to the Wisdom of the Ages for $5.00. :bugeyed:

Did I put my intent out there, or was it meant to be, or... ?? I am VERY pleased. (I also found Rachel Polleck's new book, but that's another topic...).