Source of Discomfort (External/Internal)

LaurelBelle

Okay, so this may be something odd to post as my first post, but I've been using this spread some lately so I figured I might as well contribute it. Pardon me if something similar has been done, this spread made so much sense to me that it could easily make so much sense to someone else. I did this because I've gone through some rough times with denial and repression lately, as well as having an ex husband who is unstable and a witch. Not that I suspect him of cursing me, but simply that his energy is so unstable that things literally fall apart around him, as in stuff breaking or falling apart just from him being in the room. I've had past issues with him unconsciously sending me disturbing energies. In short, if I feel uncomfortable and as if something is suddenly very amiss, it helps me to know if this has an internal source or external, and some idea of what's being directed or why.

As a pagan, I often use an elemental layout, which is what the top is based off of. The top elements represent the self; mental/communication for air, "hot" emotion (anxiety, anger, worry)/sexuality for fire, "cold" emotion (depression, apathy, boredom)/unconscious for water, health and environment for earth, and spiritual messages from spirit. The card indicates how that area of your life in general is developing, distress demonstrated in the reading may be a source of the discomfort you feel. Either do a separate layout (this spread simply shows the source of the problem) or pull more cards and lay on top or to the side to clarify.

.......................... [1 - earth]........................
..........[4 - water]..[5 - spirit]..[2 - air]............
...........................[3 - fire]...........................
.........[6- male passive].......[7- female passive]
.........[8- male active].........[9- female active]..
..........................[10 - advice].....................

The bottom sections for the male and female represent literal people in your environment. A passive direction of energy is simply either unconscious actual energy directed your way (as in wishing you harm) or you are picking up that this person important to you may be upset or need you. The card can represent the person, your intuition or further cards for clarity will indicate the nature of the problem. The active male and female positions indicate an enemy. This person might not necessarily be actually consciously focusing negative energy your way, this could indicate they are taking actions to sabotage your efforts and the discomfort you feel may be an awareness of these actions on some level.

edit to add the advice card.