Perspectives Relationship Spread

TinkerKitty

Perfect.

I think this is just the thing I was looking for to get a clearer understanding of the relationship-ish-thing that's impossible to define I'm in with this guy.

coeur

Oh wow! I'm surprised so many people have become inspired to use this spread!

TinkerKitty

Well, most relationship spreads focus on what they thing and feel, and the probable outcome, sometimes advice. Yous gives the current state, advice, and the best that can happen if you follow that advice.

So, instead of "This is what it's like now," and the person not even trying to change anything, you have "this is what it's like now, this is how it could be, and this is how to get there," which gives people advice and motivation to work. It's more to better the relationship than to learn about one you already have.

coeur

Well, most relationship spreads focus on what they thing and feel, and the probable outcome, sometimes advice. Yous gives the current state, advice, and the best that can happen if you follow that advice.

So, instead of "This is what it's like now," and the person not even trying to change anything, you have "this is what it's like now, this is how it could be, and this is how to get there," which gives people advice and motivation to work. It's more to better the relationship than to learn about one you already have.

As I've continued to use this spread over the years, I've also found it really useful that this spread doesn't have a single 'conflict' card. You can kind of look at how the cards have lined up and see the disparities between what the other person wants from you and what you actually feel--or what you want from the relationship versus what the relationship actually is versus what that person wants from the relationship. Looking back, I'm really amazed that I came up with this spread in high school (which is now like...over 8 years ago) because it really has the potential for a lot of depth!