Fool's Dog Tarot Apps!!

JasonLion

On iOS, we finished updating all of our apps to include 64-bit support a few months ago. If you are still getting warning messages you need to manually update our apps to the latest version using the Apple App Store app's update tab.

There is a known issue where the underline under the "Full text from the book" links appears doubled in an inconsistent way in roughly half of our iOS apps. This has been fixed in our more recently released apps and we are in the process of issuing updates for the remaining apps. However, as this is a relatively minor cosmetic issue and there are so many apps to update and so many competing priorities, the update schedule has gotten spread out across a fairly long period of time.

Rose Lalonde

I downloaded another of your apps yesterday. They're just so well done. Thanks.

EmpyreanKnight

Keep the apps coming! For a very low price, one gets a highly detailed peek at a Tarot deck, often with its companion book. If it's meh to you, you can just keep it in a small folder in your smartphone/tablet until you feel compelled to access it again. If you decide that you like it very much, you can purchase the real thing plus you have a soft copy version of the deck you can carry with you everywhere you go.

Spiffo

Mr Valenza just confirmed that Deviant Moon is coming to the Fool's Dog stable very soon.

Edited to add: no, not stable, that should be the Fool's Dog House. Woof.

EmpyreanKnight

Mr Valenza just confirmed that Deviant Moon is coming to the Fool's Dog stable very soon.

Oh. OMG. Great scoop, Spiffo!

From what I've heard, most Fool's Dog apps include a siginificant part or even the entire companion book. That's how it is with all my apps. Would that also be the case for the Deviant Moon?

I already have the Borderless but have yet to purchase the book. If the app would have the companion book I'm going to grab it like no one's business.

Spiffo

Oh. OMG. Great scoop, Spiffo!

From what I've heard, most Fool's Dog apps include a siginificant part or even the entire companion book. That's how it is with all my apps. Would that also be the case for the Deviant Moon?

I already have the Borderless but have yet to purchase the book. If the app would have the companion book I'm going to grab it like no one's business.

I was thrilled that the companion books for Rosetta and Tabula Mundi were included. Fool's Dog sure do a nice App.

I doubt though that Pat's massive Deviant Moon book will make it into the app, only for the reason that it is, by and large, a massive art book, full of colour plates. It's one of those books that you enjoy as a book rather than an ebook. I'm guessing that it would make for a prohibitively large ebook/PDF thingie given how the Apps are put together. I might be wrong though, I'll ask him on FB and see what he says.

It did cost me a lot to get it shipped down here to Oz, but oh it was worth it. Without doubt one of the most beautiful Tarot books, if not just books, that I own. I'd really encourage you to buy it, in hardcopy, it is exquisite.

EmpyreanKnight

I was thrilled that the companion books for Rosetta and Tabula Mundi were included. Fool's Dog sure do a nice App.

I doubt though that Pat's massive Deviant Moon book will make it into the app, only for the reason that it is, by and large, a massive art book, full of colour plates. It's one of those books that you enjoy as a book rather than an ebook. I'm guessing that it would make for a prohibitively large ebook/PDF thingie given how the Apps are put together. I might be wrong though, I'll ask him on FB and see what he says.

It did cost me a lot to get it shipped down here to Oz, but oh it was worth it. Without doubt one of the most beautiful Tarot books, if not just books, that I own. I'd really encourage you to buy it, in hardcopy, it is exquisite.

Even if the app only includes the most important text (like detailed upright and reversed meanings for each card, for example), I would be satisfied, really.

But you know what, you're right Spiffo. Some books are just meant to be savored in the flesh, so to speak. All the reviews I've read about the DM companion book have been unsparing in their praise, and I know that once I really get into the Deviant Moon I would eventually have to purchase a copy.

But still, thanks for informing us. :) I hope the app comes out soon.

JasonLion

We do try to include the full book whenever we can, though that is not always possible. In this case there is simply no way we could do justice to Patrick Valenza's massive masterpiece, which really can't be properly appreciated on a small screen. Our Deviant Moon app will include essentially the same text as is in the LWB that accompanies the physical deck.

EmpyreanKnight

We do try to include the full book whenever we can, though that is not always possible. In this case there is simply no way we could do justice to Patrick Valenza's massive masterpiece, which really can't be properly appreciated on a small screen. Our Deviant Moon app will include essentially the same text as is in the LWB that accompanies the physical deck.

Alright, thanks for informing us, JasonLion. And really, keep up the good work. Your apps are the best. :thumbsup: