Writing a novel..maybe

GreenFlame

GreenFlame - Your book idea sounds intriguing. Go for it.

There are quite a few novels that have included tarot to a greater or lesser degree and a few have taken elements from the Fool's Journey idea. _The Book of Paradox_ by Louise Cooper (1973) is one of these, but anything you write will be utterly unique. It can't help but be.

I don't really recommend your reading other tarot novels if you want to write one. Study tarot itself and write your heart out.

Thanks :3 and I won't, because willing or not, I might take some of the ideas and concepts out, your subconcious memorises random things and make them seem your own, so i'd rather not xD and thanks, i will study and pour my heart out, thanks for the support :3

GreenFlame

3ill.yazi

Nice! Care to share how you use it for structuring (as opposed to plot)? I've often wondered about using Tarot to do the same thing but wasn't sure how to approach it.

Well after reading the book Story Structure Architect, I've been trying to coax my plot along by using a variation of the Hero's Journey from Campbell et al. And thinking if character archetypes. It's actually what brought me back to tarot, because many archetypes have reversed counterparts, and that reminded me of tarot, which got me back here after a 30 year hiatus. Hopefully tarot just doesn't become another tool of procrastination lol.

bogiesan

online course: Write that damn book! Really. Git 'er done.

This site starts out looking like a sarcastic sendup but the advice and content have received good press:

http://mydamnbook.com

presented by Paul Jarvis.