Starchild Tarot by Danielle Noel

Farzon

Would you say this has the same feel as the Fountain Tarot? They remind me of each other for some reason....

I almost started a thread to ask the same thing :) I can only afford one indie deck at the moment but I just can't decide between this two!
No not exactly. The Starchild Tarot is feminine-centered with female Knights (not all of them though), Lovers, Hermit etc. while the Fountain Tarot is pretty traditional in its gendering.

The Starchild Tarot has a new-age-feeling to it, with lots of crystals and cosmic clouds. The Fountain Tarot's backgrounds are very minimalistic. It feels very light and wise but not new -agey.

The Starchild has negative aspects tuned down with Transformation and Oppression for Death and Devil, while the Fountain Tarot does not exclude scary images - without losing this inner light though.

Finally, the Fountain to me feels more mature than the Starchild. But this is a very subjective feeling I can't specify further. The Fountain feels more mature and enlightened than most other decks. For me it's up there with the Thoth, Mary-El, RWS, Tarot of the Spirit and Tarot of the Sevenfold Mystery. A deck thats artwork alone gets me into a meditative state of mind.

I hope this helps with your decisions? They are both great decks btw. If you can't decide, buy one of them, save enough money and then go for the other! (As I did - and I don't want to miss one of them) [emoji1]

Ivy Rhiannon

I hope there are not too many changes with the new edition. I really like the first one but just found out about this deck. I hope the pre-orders open soon!

Mirra

Finally, the Fountain to me feels more mature than the Starchild. But this is a very subjective feeling I can't specify further. The Fountain feels more mature and enlightened than most other decks. For me it's up there with the Thoth, Mary-El, RWS, Tarot of the Spirit and Tarot of the Sevenfold Mystery. A deck thats artwork alone gets me into a meditative state of mind.

I hope this helps with your decisions? They are both great decks btw. If you can't decide, buy one of them, save enough money and then go for the other! (As I did - and I don't want to miss one of them) [emoji1]

Thank you so much for your answer! I've only watched reviews but I do agree with what you said. The Fountain tarot seems to be more well thought out, I think, and it's my top choice but I'll keep the Starchild in my wishlist ;)

The Happy Squirrel

No not exactly. The Starchild Tarot is feminine-centered with female Knights (not all of them though), Lovers, Hermit etc. while the Fountain Tarot is pretty traditional in its gendering.

The Starchild Tarot has a new-age-feeling to it, with lots of crystals and cosmic clouds. The Fountain Tarot's backgrounds are very minimalistic. It feels very light and wise but not new -agey.

The Starchild has negative aspects tuned down with Transformation and Oppression for Death and Devil, while the Fountain Tarot does not exclude scary images - without losing this inner light though.

Thank you!!

Farzon

Thank you so much for your answer! I've only watched reviews but I do agree with what you said. The Fountain tarot seems to be more well thought out, I think, and it's my top choice but I'll keep the Starchild in my wishlist ;)

Thank you!!
You're welcome! It was my pleasure [emoji1]
Both decks arrived the same day (what a coincidence) so the Starchild Tarot had hard competition - I had been looking forward to the Fountain Tarot for nearly a year!

After a month of using them both, I can say they work very well for me - both of them, in daily readings as well as in more specific readings. If I wanted to compare the Starchild to another deck I would rather choose the Quantum Tarot because of it's "cosmic" feeling.

The Happy Squirrel

I was quite keen on Starchild now I am not so sure. I heard it came out of the idea that highly intuitive humans are star seeds? Or something.... Which is a bit off that side for me....

illyria

I love the first edition, though I'll probably pre-order the second run just because of the new backs and edges.

KristinCali

Those gilded edges ARE super tempting, I'm a sucker for bling :D

Actually, has the creator said that they will be gilded? The photo on the website definitely is gilded but does anybody know if that is a for sure deal?

Farzon

And the new package and back look gorgeous!
Some cards are altered as well! You can see a new Empress on the packages back (with a red background)!
And the blogpost about the Hermit/Serenity shows a picture which could be a new Hermit card.

I feel enabled, at least a bit. Now if the second edition would be of a smaller, more practicable size, I'd definetly go for it.

kp.

i have both and have to agree that the fountain is a bit more thought out.

i love the idea of the starchild, but some of the images don't seem to make sense with the meanings i'm used to from other decks. i also feel like some of the descriptions are too wordy or repetitive. not to say i don't adore this deck... i just find the fountain tarot to be a little more gratifying. the worlds within each suit seem more cohesive and the emotions of each card come across much clearer to me. easier to read.