Lovers vs 2 Cups

QueenPen

Indeed, that is irrefutable proof that sex is designed for procreation, not for fun. :rolleyes: QueenPen is right! I apologize for ever having thought otherwise, but it's too late. I'm going to hell for sure.

Hahahaha! I told you, we are ALL right! However, I never stated sex is solely to procreate, but since you mention it.... The Divine had to make us want to have sex, so magnetism was developed. Being one who has sex for every other reason than to procreate, I guess I'll be sitting next to you in hell! I think things are getting too technical and the true beauty of the lovers card is being lost.

ravenest

Hahahaha! I told you, we are ALL right! However, I never stated sex is solely to procreate, but since you mention it.... The Divine had to make us want to have sex, so magnetism was developed. Being one who has sex for every other reason than to procreate, I guess I'll be sitting next to you in hell! I think things are getting too technical and the true beauty of the lovers card is being lost.

Well ... it is ruled by Gemini , so its bound to get 'technical ' or as Nisaba put it;

Nisaba said:
Do you lean in for that kiss and start a new relationship, or do you pretend that that moment never happened. Do you pack your bags and move in with them irrevocably changing your future, or do you maintain separate houses and your independence should things go wrong? Do you really, really, really want to dump your old partner, no longer exciting but certainly loving, for that new charismatic person who you slept with during your lunch-break, or not?

Arrggghhh! <holds his head> ... all I wanted was a bit of fun ... I dont want to deal with all that.

You're right! It is all too technical! :(

So I'm off to have some good ol' fashioned down and dirty, animal type ... })

[ Tonight I will play my 2 of cups .... tomorrow morning she 'trumps' me with the Lovers .... Damn! ]

Babymaker

I always get the two of cups whenever I ask about the future of my relationship with my husband. We have a deep emotional, spiritual, intellectual, and physical bond. We are connected by love. We are lifetime friends and lovers. The sex is totally love based. We need love to have sex. We love sex with each other so this definitely means the coming together in a physical form. It is far more powerful than the lovers card. It is ruled by venus in cancer and there are themes of nurturing and idolising the mother and mother figures. Motherhood and nurturing connect these two. So this could also mean the desire to procreate as a result. In my marriage we are strongly attracted to the chest (cancer rules this body part as do emotions) and we are attracted to the idea of making babies. Our sex drive is enhanced by the thought of making babies, being pregnant, and being parents and nurturing our kids. So it's definitely a sexual card in that sense.

EmpyreanKnight

Whew, even if it's not as long or epic as the others, that was one of the best discussions I've read here. In the end even though the 2 of Cups holds a special place in my heart, for a true, lasting, destined amour I would still choose the Lovers, benignly aspected of course.