7 of swords reversed as expectations

Pami619

I did a relationship spread after reuniting with someone from my past.
And for their expectations it came up the 7 of swords rx clarified by Star reversed.

For me it would mean that there's no point to returning as how things currently stay.
Or they're not really involved into it due to lack of faith.
As expectations I see that maybe they will get caught or I'll get caught?
Maybe those are outdated patterns so they expect nothing unusual per say?

I'd appreciate much your opinions.

EmpyreanKnight

The 7 of Swords indicate deception, stealth, and the keeping of secrets. When reversed in your indicated position, I think it means that your partner expects full truth and honesty between both parties this time. Perhaps mistrust was a major issue in why you broke up the first time? The Star reversed is quite worrying though, because this means that while the other party expects openness and sincerity, he does not currently think that this would be the case.

Perceptions do not fully determine your future, although it is important that you both inprove this specially if you want to rekindle your relation with a clean slate. Absolute trust is very important in a relationship, and if you don't take care all the ghosts of your last one might hang like a dark pall over this, and we don't want that. This might mean that you both have to work on communicating your ideas and feelings to each other better to ensure that there will be no misunderstandings, which might cause doubts or misgivings to seep in back into the relationship. You might also want to find better ways to rekindle this trust

Pami619

The 7 of Swords indicate deception, stealth, and the keeping of secrets. When reversed in your indicated position, I think it means that your partner expects full truth and honesty between both parties this time. Perhaps mistrust was a major issue in why you broke up the first time? The Star reversed is quite worrying though, because this means that while the other party expects openness and sincerity, he does not currently think that this would be the case.

Perceptions do not fully determine your future, although it is important that you both inprove this specially if you want to rekindle your relation with a clean slate. Absolute trust is very important in a relationship, and if you don't take care all the ghosts of your last one might hang like a dark pall over this, and we don't want that. This might mean that you both have to work on communicating your ideas and feelings to each other better to ensure that there will be no misunderstandings, which might cause doubts or misgivings to seep in back into the relationship. You might also want to find better ways to rekindle this trust

Thank you very much. Spot on.
Trust definitely plays a part here and about the star reversed saying that it wouldn't solve the case makes so much sense.
I've opened up so much more than ever and it seems like they noticed that and I know it is still hard to fully trust but with time we will be able to do so if effort is put.
Thank again.