Reading with Majors Only

Ladybro

WHen I’ve in doubt about the outcome of any spread (with all the deck) doesn’t matter which one , I use to draw only mayor arcanos as a clarifying spread with no more 4 or 5 cards, and its works for me

frelkins

Gee, I'm not sure what I'm doing but I will try not to do anything differently... just for you :heart:

I see nothing wrong with using all the 22 majors in a spread laid out like Umbrae suggested. Of course, I would have one left over, or maybe I will pull a significator to make an even 21 cards to begin with.

What would a good 7th row of three be? Hmmm...

K:spade:K

Intention - Attention - Attitude 😉

ihcoyc

Honestly, I am pretty afraid to do a reading using Majors. I mean, it would feel like the other cards were worthless and besides there is no way I'm ever going to learn every card meaning if I limit my readings to Majors.

You might try doing an above/below spread: draw three majors, and then draw three minors placed beneath them, and treat the minors as clarifying or adding perspective to the corresponding majors. Let the majors represent big ideas and themes, and the minors more practical or earthly concerns.

That said, I do think there's a place and a purpose for readings with the full 78. The major/minor distinction makes a helpful contrast between big and small concerns; the appearance of a major in a small spread ought to be somewhat climactic or focused.