LS Mona Lisa Tarot Book?

Onyx

Does anyone know if Lo Scarabeo released a companion book to the Mona Lisa Tarot?

It seems that there are some sets available with a book but I got the cards just as the cards and can not find the book sold seperately.

I am interested in this deck so I would consider rebuying the card as a set to get the book becuase the deck is just a bit too confusing.

Thanks for any help,

Allan

rwcarter

The book is forthcoming, but it has been delayed. I'm looking forward to it myself.

Rodney

Here's the actual post from Riccardo.

rwcarter

I'm thumbing through the Llewellyn 2008 Holiday Gift Guide. Imagine my surprise when I come to the Mona Lisa Tarot (Deck and Kit) listing and see this:

Book: 9780738712871 - $17.95 - Recent Release
Boxed kit (7 x 9-1/4 in.) includes 78 cards and 160 page book

I didn't think the book was coming out until early next year! Amazon still shows it being available Feb 1, 2009, But going to Llewellyn's website, it shows as being able to be put in your shopping cart without any indication that it's a pre-order or that the item isn't currently in stock.

Does Llewellyn have it earlier than anyone else? Or will they break the bad news once the order is placed? Curiouser and curiouser....

Rodney

Onyx

I saw that as well when I was looking the Llewellyn Holiday guide and made me curious as well.

The Amazon date is acutally Feb. 1, 2008. They don't have an updated release date yet. I was counting on the book coming out in the spring when they normally release the first set of decks each year.

Onyx.

Sar

Isbn10: 0738712884
Isbn13: 9780738712888

rwcarter

Well, even though I'm supposed to be on tarot-buying restriction :shhh: , there are some good deals in the holiday catalog, so I'll be placing an order in the next couple of days. I'll find out the hard way if the book is available yet or not.

Rodney

Cerulean

Hello guys, I saw similar listings...

November 2009 -- Llewellyn link and book ISBN

Llewellyn's website lists the book and kit as available.

Here's the paperback book alone:
1, Book by Mark McElroy--here's the ISBN:
ISBN 9780738712871
Price $17.95

Llewellyn link:
http://www.llewellyn.com/bookstore/book.php?pn=H287

2. Removed Tower link as per message below!

If I find an alternative paperback listing than I'll post!

3, The Llewellyn kit edition (book and deck) -- a bit pricey at $38, you may want to wait or purchase the book separately:

http://www.llewellyn.com/bookstore/book.php?pn=H288

Since it's a holiday, I think there might be a wait anyway on any queries, so if you guys get any confirmations, please post! I'm sending a query as well.

Cerulean

P.S. Thanks for the update (message below) on the details of the listing from Tower being only the deck!

Metafizzypop

Cerulean said:

This isn't a book. It's the deck. This "paperback" only has 78 pages. And the site says it came out in February 2008, which means it's been out for ten months already. This isn't the book at all. They put the word Paperback next to every deck of cards, for some reason, and they really shouldn't do that because it is extremely misleading. (Fortunately, the illustration does show a deck of cards).

OTOH, it's a great website with some of the best prices on pretty much everything. Thanks for reminding me about it!

Cerulean

Thanks for the note, Metafizzypop!

My "googling" popped up Mona Lisa Tarot book references--I was definitely wrong on the Tower listing--thanks for pointing that out.

I had seen an earlier reference to the Mona Lisa paperback and kit last October....but cannot find a good listing any more from the vendor "alidastore.com".

I'm eager to find out about the book and did put in an order at Llewellyn...don't know if I'll get a response until next week, because of the holidays.

Best wishes,

Cerulean

MomentoMori

i have ordered this deck and i'm waiting for it to arrive.I like lo s decks but i wish they would make more companion books for there decks because many of there decks are very cool, but the lwb gives you nothing about the background of each card.