Yygdrasilian's theory

Greg Stanton

More occulty/conspiracy theory babble.

You've taken the Thoth, altered it, and projected your own ideas about the Mayan calendar onto it, then announced "hey, look at the puzzle I've solved." You couldn't "unlock the key" without changing the "lock", by your own admission. Doesn't this tell you that you are off the mark?

You haven't established any real connection between the Mayan calendar and the Thoth tarot. Did Crowley ever mention the Mayan calendar in his writings, or even express awareness of it? Or is this an "occult" connection that you have arbitrarily chosen to explore?

Why all the fuss about the Mayan calendar anyway? Why are the Mayans so special? They're all dead, their civilization is gone, yet you are projecting onto them special powers and giving them an authority over some great cosmic event. Please explain.

Teheuti

I'd like some clarification. You all keep referring to this being Crowley's code - yet the correspondences mentioned are not Crowley's but those found in the cipher manuscript on which the Golden Dawn was based. The cipher manuscript was most likely written by Kenneth Mackenzie (the evidence is strong). Is there anything in the work of Kenneth Mackenzie that supports Yygdrasilian's theory? Or have I missed something in the theory that's in Crowley but not in either the cipher manuscript or the GD set of correspondences?

And, personally, I think that almost anything can be "proved" by manipulating numbers to find messages.

Yygdrasilian

Be careful what you ask for...

Greg Stanton said:
I think we'd all be a little more open to what you are saying if you weren't so arrogant and smug, AND IF YOU WOULD JUST SAY WHAT YOU MEAN INSTEAD OF SIDESTEPPING EVERY QUESTION POSED TO YOU.

So, what's your question exactly?

Rosanne

I have during these last some hours- tried to figure out why of all this talk Yygdrasilian. Why the Thoth, why the Egyptian connection and what do you want us/me to figure out?
All these diagrams of Penis/pillar/crown etc. So I worked out your map.

In 2012 the centre of the Galaxy is at 0 degree of the Western zodiacal sign Capricorn. 0 degree Capricorn is the point of the zodiac where the Sun is during the December solstice.

At December 21, during the December solstice the Sun is at the exact center of the Galaxy. According to the Mayas the center of the Galaxy is the cosmic womb: the place of dead, transformation, regeneration and rebirth. This moment shows the end of their calendar.

So all this is about is the Orion mystery I guess. Something is going to hurtle through the birth canal of the Milky way- what is called the Galactic rift.
It is what drowned Atlantis, I imagine you believe. Maybe the poles will shift or planet X will be the re born Sun of the Sun. Maybe it will just be the start of the Age of Aquarius. Who knows? I think it is just the end of a cycle and the start of a new one.

The connection with the Thoth is the connection to Egypt and you believe that Crowley knew this or rediscovered it and incorporated it into the deck.
Was it that he saw the temple wall depictions when he went to the desert and understood it all- or did he meet some Atlatean survivors in his dreams?
Maybe he was like the monkey who sat at the typewriter and wrote the Bible.
So really all you should do is go to Teheuti's poll and tick that you think Tarot came out of Egypt- it is the time capsule that is supposed to be lying around the earth somewhere.
Or maybe it is just as simple to ask you if you wrote a book and this is a precursor to another.
Tarot is not a diagram of disaster- except maybe if you are poor player at cards. For all I believe Crowley was, I do not think he was envisioning 2012- nor do I think the precursors of the deck were thinking on it either.
..and I can turn Tarot into the gable end boards of long houses in Palau. They show 78 ancestor spirits walking over 22 characters of the Milky way...and a world tree.....and a trickster.
It would please me no end if you would look at Tarot in a more benign way.
~Rosanne
ps. I think the book is called Orion's Mystery and it shows depictions from Egyptian temples, that maybe look like they were used for the ideas of the Thoth.

Greg Stanton

Yygdrasilian said:
So, what's your question exactly?
Greg Stanton said:
You've taken the Thoth, altered it, and projected your own ideas about the Mayan calendar onto it, then announced "hey, look at the puzzle I've solved." You couldn't "unlock the key" without changing the "lock", by your own admission. Doesn't this tell you that you are off the mark?

You haven't established any real connection between the Mayan calendar and the Thoth tarot. Did Crowley ever mention the Mayan calendar in his writings, or even express awareness of it? Or is this an "occult" connection that you have arbitrarily chosen to explore?

Why all the fuss about the Mayan calendar anyway? Why are the Mayans so special? They're all dead, their civilization is gone, yet you are projecting onto them special powers and giving them an authority over some great cosmic event. Please explain.
Maybe you should address these points in the Yygdrasilian's Theory thread...

prudence

Yygdrasilian said:
Still side-stepping the issue.
Yes, lots of side stepping going on here.
Yygd said:
I have some ideas; but we can save that discussion till you have at least figured out how to access the calendar map.
How does one figure out how to access the calendar map? Walk us through it, since you are the only one with the answers to this particular theory.

Or just simply say what it is you are hinting around at....you know, in words that don't necessarily rhyme.

Grigori

Greg Stanton said:
Did Crowley ever mention the Mayan calendar in his writings, or even express awareness of it? Or is this an "occult" connection that you have arbitrarily chosen to explore?

Rosanne said:
I do not think he was envisioning 2012- nor do I think the precursors of the deck were thinking on it either.

I'm pretty sure Crowley didn't think that date was significant, he considered that the world "ended" in 1904 at the start of his new Aeon, and the world wasn't due to end again for another couple of millennia when the goddess Maat becomes the defining principle of civilisation. I'm not able to follow Yyg's theory, so my opinion on it is likely worthless, but what I am able to follow would seem to not come from Crowley's work at all, but rather based on the GD stuff.

Rosanne

What was your reason by choosing the Thoth Tarot or the Book of Thoth explanations to design your theory?

From where do you think this cipher came?

Why do you have this requirement that we work it out before you tell us the reason?
(I say this because it seems like I have given an answer to your posit, and you have not replied. Is that because you wish to know what I think? I need to know what you think- you are the one with the theory)

Initially you seemed to be under some sort of secrecy pact with someone or something. Why would you post that way? All that did was make you seem kooky.

If all this is some sort of mystery school stuff- then why bring it up in the first place?

You keep saying "ask me a question" I have now- please would you explain.

I have a lot of children. They are into all sorts of theories- crop circles- lay lines-ancient mysteries- Cosmic events-who killed JFK-Bush is an alien etc the list is almost endless. I am willing to talk about anything- that is a flow of ideas between people- not a one way street. If you want to tell me about something- tell me..do not hint. I do not need to wander around ideas that are cloudy. I can be spending my time in Northern Italy with lovely gilded cards and Renaissance history.

Of course if you do not think I have whatever validation you need- that is alright too- but we are not fish to be hooked and drawn in.

~Rosanne

baba-prague

Rosanne said:
Bush is an alien

Really? Well, I don't want to derail this thread, which is great fun to follow, but that's one I would love to hear more about.

We have an awful lot of this mystery school stuff here in Prague - the Alchemists' Group tend to go in for it. Like you, I always question why anyone would tell people that they have a secret. I mean, when I have a secret (which is not often admittedly) I don't really go round announcing it.

Anyway, I'll keep quiet now. My lips are sealed you know.

Yygdrasilian

Q & A

Rosanne said:
What was your reason by choosing the Thoth Tarot or the Book of Thoth explanations to design your theory?
Crowley presents the actual cipher. His "flaws" are there to be corrected. Other decks either present them corrected or scramble the cipher further.

Rosanne said:
From where do you think this cipher came?
This is a can of worms. I will say Egypt, for now, as it seems the family tree branches out from there. Though the 2012 implication presents some strange possibilities.

Rosanne said:
Why do you have this requirement that we work it out before you tell us the reason?
We need to have a context for our discussion to progress.
Also, the process is as informative as the result.

Rosanne said:
(I say this because it seems like I have given an answer to your posit, and you have not replied. Is that because you wish to know what I think? I need to know what you think- you are the one with the theory)
I'd say you are getting warmer, but I'm not yet sure if you're only interested in learning just enough in order to mock it.
I've been considering your post and how best to answer. I will post a reply soon.

Rosanne said:
Initially you seemed to be under some sort of secrecy pact with someone or something. Why would you post that way? All that did was make you seem kooky.
Well, it seems there has been a lineage of people who have known about this and kept it secret on purpose. While I am under no such oath, I think I have an inkling why one exists. My choice to reveal it is not taken lightly.
My method of delivery may run a little rough sometimes, but it serves a purpose.

Rosanne said:
If all this is some sort of mystery school stuff- then why bring it up in the first place?
Because it is a part of our heritage and will illuminate our understanding of a great many things.

Rosanne said:
You keep saying "ask me a question" I have now- please would you explain.

Of course if you do not think I have whatever validation you need- that is alright too- but we are not fish to be hooked and drawn in.

~Rosanne
The irony of this last statement may become clear to you soon.