Death

spookyboo22

My friend pulled the death card for me tonight and now I'm driving myself crazy with scenarios
I only use the rws
Can anyone put a positive spin on this card for me please?
In most of the stuff I've read it can mean actual death or something awful anyway
The last time my friend pulled me a card, it had a big effect on me. That same night I was at a friends house and Crowley's great grand daughter turned up which I thought was very odd
Any help appreciated x

Zephyros

Large swaths of this may be unuseful to you, but here's a thread that might answer some of your questions. Can you give any context to the reading and card?

spookyboo22

Hi
Thanks for the quick reply
There's no thread I can see , don't know if its me... Not to worry
I was consulting the Thoth deck, remarkable then Crowley's relative would turn up
I asked my friend to give me some advise for the week.
It was death and the four of disks
Hope that's a bit clearer for you

spookyboo22

You' re a very eloquent writer and have a keen mind
I unfortunately am challenged in both these areas.
If you could give me any examples of what the death card could mean in the life of someone so I can paint a picture in my head that would really help.
Or in simple terms how it differs from the meanings of death in the rws deck

spookyboo22

My friend left it to me to ponder what it means

ravenest

If you could give me any examples of what the death card could mean in the life of someone so I can paint a picture in my head that would really help.

Well, its a bit hard as it lacks context, but I will tell you what those two cards could mean for me;

Death would be about change and a new cycle, embrace it and move forward , or cling to the old form and die with it. Then the 4D would give that context ;

Look at the 4 of discs Thoth deck (sorry, I cant link to its image, but they are easy to find) -

as I see it, it is looking down into a courtyard in a castle - this is one's sacred space and is defended. But it cant always be closed and locked up so no one can ever enter, also the drawbridge should not always be down and the doors open so anyone can saunter in and trash the place - or you ! Dont be closed up always in your sacred space, but dont allow those inappropriate to come in and walk all over you. Carefully choose by balancing the forces outlined below. If someone is doing this, or you are acting averse to what is indicated as a good path of action, the Death card seems to indicate you need to stop it and end that now.

Conversely, that door and bridge needs to be open so you can come out and venture into the world, as well as finding solitude inside.

The key is to keep those 4 elemental towers balanced and in order, not all the resources in one or two of them ; it is the elemental formula for balancing the psyche , equal proportions of all ingredients and equal attention to the development of the parts;

Wand / Fire : individuation, inspiration, 'will' , connection to 'spirit ' , 'Superego / consciousness.

Cup / Water : Emotions / feelings, intuition, connection to 'soul', the Unconscious.

Sword (Dagger) / Air : Conciousness, mentation, intellect, analysis, Ego.

Disc / Earth ; Body, practicality, manifestation, Personna.

Study of the four worlds, elemental theory, and the way the 4 tarot suits relate will reveal a lot about this and the elemental working in your own psyche ( and far to much to write all about there ).

spookyboo22

Ravenest thank you for posting
Change I can handle so if that's what it means then fine
It will be an interesting week
Blessings

Nemia

It's not a new thread but I want to add my angle on Death. I call this card Compost - you can see the process of rot and renewal. I'm an avid composter and I know the whole wonderful circle - the disgusting old potato peels you can't wait to get out of the kitchen and onto the compost heap - the process of disintegration over time - and one year later or two - lovely new soil, fresh, clean, black, nourishing.

We don't like to think about Death like that because we like to feel "above" these natural processes. We love our illusion of control. But there are things in our lives we have to throw out or let them go, and confront the fact that they'll be disgusting for a time and then disappear. And when they'll appear again, we won't recognize them again. It's one of the most difficult things in life. Most frightening.

The Thoth interpretation with its earth colors and mud and bubbles and the crowned Death swinging his scythe like a gentleman farmer - it's one of the most beautiful interpretations I know.

Awakened Queen

transformation, change, endings, new beginnings

Death clears out everything that no longer serves you to make room for the things that do.