Seven swords clarified by hierophant as potential

WhyWuh

Would it be that this person will be cheating behind my back? Or with positive cards this card becomes positive? (I don't do reversals).

gregory

I would say there is deceit of some kind (the 7) and that it will be found out - possibly by some crisis of conscience - the hierophant may speak as the voice of conscience; he may suddenly "need" to tell you.

But it may not be cheating in that sense. Not all deceit is about cheating.

WhyWuh

I would say there is deceit of some kind (the 7) and that it will be found out - possibly by some crisis of conscience - the hierophant may speak as the voice of conscience; he may suddenly "need" to tell you.

But it may not be cheating in that sense. Not all deceit is about cheating.

Ouch. Now I see how it is. They'll find out about one nasty thing I did only for fun. And it'll be bad for my reputation in their eyes. Oops!

Thirteen

Would it be that this person will be cheating behind my back? Or with positive cards this card becomes positive? (I don't do reversals).
No card in the deck is always positive or always negative. And if you get a "negative" feeling for the card, then other cards cannot magically turn it positive (and vice versa). 7/Swords can indicate theft and sneakiness that you need to watch out for (negative). But it can also say that YOU can or should be sneaky and clever and if you are then you will get what you want (positive). Hierophant can indicate a lack of flexibility, an old fashioned way of doing things that won't bend or change (negative). This card can also indicate, however, traditions and ways of doing things that are old fashioned, but unifying and good, like good manners (positive).

If you only read cards as either negative/positive, then you miss out on half their meanings. Readers often use reversals to make it easier to know which way to read them, but you need not use reversals to do that. You just need to think of what you asked, and the position of the cards if they're in a spread. Also, what do you know? What is most probable given the situation/person, etc. Given this person's history, is it more likely the 7/Swords is indicating a sneaky person you need to watch out for, or a clever person who is going to help you get what you're after?

Remember also that the Hierophant is your CLARIFIER. That means you don't read this as "he's a cheater but the hierophant will put him right..." that's what you'd get if you put down the 7/Swords and said to the cards, "Is there anyway to stop him cheating?" But you didn't. You put down the 7/Swords and said to the cards, "I don't understand. Can you say that again?" That is what a clarifier is. "I don't understand. Please say it again." A clarifier is NOT: "I don't like this answer, can you give me a better one?" That's like you asking me "What shape is the world?" I say, "Round." You say, "I don't like that answer, give me a better one." and I'd say, "Okay, it's spherical." Same answer, just a more precise word. You don't escape the answer the cards give you with a clarifier. You only get MORE of the same answer.

It looks like you figured it out, however. That this person will see YOU as a cheater. How he'll see you if he finds out (a sneaky cheater) and Hierophant clarifies that he is a traditionalist who has has a dim view of past indiscretions.

WhyWuh

No card in the deck is always positive or always negative. And if you get a "negative" feeling for the card, then other cards cannot magically turn it positive (and vice versa). 7/Swords can indicate theft and sneakiness that you need to watch out for (negative). But it can also say that YOU can or should be sneaky and clever and if you are then you will get what you want (positive). Hierophant can indicate a lack of flexibility, an old fashioned way of doing things that won't bend or change (negative). This card can also indicate, however, traditions and ways of doing things that are old fashioned, but unifying and good, like good manners (positive).

If you only read cards as either negative/positive, then you miss out on half their meanings. Readers often use reversals to make it easier to know which way to read them, but you need not use reversals to do that. You just need to think of what you asked, and the position of the cards if they're in a spread. Also, what do you know? What is most probable given the situation/person, etc. Given this person's history, is it more likely the 7/Swords is indicating a sneaky person you need to watch out for, or a clever person who is going to help you get what you're after?

Remember also that the Hierophant is your CLARIFIER. That means you don't read this as "he's a cheater but the hierophant will put him right..." that's what you'd get if you put down the 7/Swords and said to the cards, "Is there anyway to stop him cheating?" But you didn't. You put down the 7/Swords and said to the cards, "I don't understand. Can you say that again?" That is what a clarifier is. "I don't understand. Please say it again." A clarifier is NOT: "I don't like this answer, can you give me a better one?" That's like you asking me "What shape is the world?" I say, "Round." You say, "I don't like that answer, give me a better one." and I'd say, "Okay, it's spherical." Same answer, just a more precise word. You don't escape the answer the cards give you with a clarifier. You only get MORE of the same answer.

It looks like you figured it out, however. That this person will see YOU as a cheater. How he'll see you if he finds out (a sneaky cheater) and Hierophant clarifies that he is a traditionalist who has has a dim view of past indiscretions.

Thank you so much Thirteen. It really helped me to understand cards in general. I often do that 'I don't like that you say grass is green and need you to say it's blue' thing without even noticing and catching myself on that. Yes he's traditional and then it turns out that I'll be that sneaky one. It's amazing how much cards can say if you only read them the right way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prilica

I would be very cautious with this person. He is not what he seems to be with the 7 of swords he acts in that deceitful way, and it's worsened by the hierophant that seems (at least in appearance) to be correct and impeccable. Even more deceitful.