Lovers RX

tarot_quest

Thank you for the explanation Thirteen ;)

I use Marseilles cards, so I just looked up at the Rider Waite version and we can clearly see the analogy between the 2 themes (lovers and Devil). I also did take a look at the Thoth, and the Lovers is very nice (with the children reflecting the soul of the 2 lovers).

Thirteen

The connection between the Lovers and the Devil is numerological. 1+5 (Devil) = 6 (Lovers). So the Devil can be seen as a higher manifestation of the Lovers.
Higher or lower? I mean, Kabbalistically, climbing the tree up to the "crown" goes from higher number to lower. By way of that direction wouldn't he Devil be at the low end and the Lovers at the high end? :confused:

tarot_quest

Higher or lower? I mean, Kabbalistically, climbing the tree up to the "crown" goes from higher number to lower. By way of that direction wouldn't he Devil be at the low end and the Lovers at the high end? :confused:

You can still see it the other way around. You said yourself that the Lovers is about a spiritual connection. If we don't focus on the ''negative'' connotation of the Devil, passing from Lovers to Devil could simply say ''passing from a meeting of the mind to a meeting of the body''.

There is a physical (not only sexual) manifestation with the Devil and its earthy qualities :)

rwcarter

Numerologically, not kabbalistically.

Thirteen

Numerologically, not kabbalistically.
But if both are six (Lover = 6, Devil = 1+5 = 6) aren't they the same? (Still confused, but then I don't know much about numerology)

pageofswords9110

You may be right about that. The Lovers is often about making a hard choice in order to have that "soulmate" connection. Rx would indicate the person's refusal to make that hard choice. So, for example, a married man may try to have the other woman, yet not get divorced. Or a player, as we're conjecturing here, may want to have all that a relationship would bring (devoted girlfriend, sex, etc.), yet not do any of the hard work on his part to earn that.

This refusal to make a choice would include a refusal to give up the thing they want. That is always the other choice of the Lovers. A person can decide that they can't give into "love" and follow their soul in this. That they must reject what is attracting them. This person clearly doesn't want to reject what is attracting them...but doesn't want to do what is required to have it, either.

This, by the way, is how the Lovers relates to the Devil. In the Lovers (upright), you CAN reject what is attracting you if you feel it would do too much damage. But in the Devil, you feel like you can't refuse what is attracting you. You feel (wrongly) that you are enslaved to it, and you may not even care what damage you are doing. Lovers rx is NOT the Devil, however, as the person isn't feeling enslaved. Rather, it is, rather, a kind of laziness or, as said, mind-game of "how to I have want I want without paying for it?" I would say that is the "intent" here. "How can I have what I want without paying for it?" This person may think they can hound the other person into submitting. But they're fooling themselves. They won't ever get what they really want unless they "pay" for it.

Ahhh 13 nail on the head. He has made all the efforts of stating he wants us to move in together take care of me he treats me very nice. Allows me to get away with things he wouldn't dare let other females get away with. But he won't commit. He won't change his life style and won't stop with the other women. It's said really because I know he cares and trust me. But then I have to ask myself how much does he really care if he's not willing to change and give up his ways. Mind you he has put all of this on the table with no pressure from me what so ever. It just goes to show he's still selfish and stuck in his ways.