Four Thieves Oil

greatdane

Anyone else use this? I like it for cleaning around the house and clearing the air. It is pretty potent, depending on the dilution you use.

I get Eden's Garden and like. I know there are many other brands and one can make their own. I know there are some that are very expensive, out of my price range. Eden's Garden seems to do the trick and it's pretty inexpensive on Amazon.

I like that it naturally kills so many things that one doesn't want lurking in their homes like germs, mold, etc.

linnie

Hello in there, dear GD :) I've never heard of this oil, although it sounds as though it might include clove, tea-tree, lemon myrtle and eucalyptus, but that's rather Aussie biased :) What is in it, please?
Anyone else use this? I like it for cleaning around the house and clearing the air. It is pretty potent, depending on the dilution you use.

I get Eden's Garden and like. I know there are many other brands and one can make their own. I know there are some that are very expensive, out of my price range. Eden's Garden seems to do the trick and it's pretty inexpensive on Amazon.

I like that it naturally kills so many things that one doesn't want lurking in their homes like germs, mold, etc.

greatdane

HI LINNIE!

I get it from Amazon, but it is Eden's Garden. I hope you can pull this up.
http://www.edensgarden.com/products/four-thieves#.VQG3lE10wdU

It includes Clove, Cinnamon Bark, Lemon, Rosemary and Eucalyptus. There may be blends that include some other things. I see "recipes" for making one's own. There are many companies that do essential oils and blends that have something called four thieves or a version of it.

Phoenix11

I use Thieves oil, I have a relative that sells Young Living essential oils so I get it from her. I use it in a diffuser to clean the air; we have pets so this really helps. I also put a few drops in my mop water when cleaning the floors.

My mother put a dab on her gums when she had a toothache and it took the pain away. I believe that was due to the numbing effect of the clove oil in it. My relative also used it to help alleviate her son's chest cold. She mixed a couple of drops in with a carrier oil and rubbed it on the bottom of his feet.. she said it helped :)

I don't know if you ever use Pinterest, but there are a lot of ideas on there for different uses.

greatdane

Thanks for sharing, Phoenix11!

I love using essential oils where I can. It's great that people share all the ways they use. I am no expert, but just have found about 10 or 12 that are especially handy for my uses, from cleaning, to small health issues (like queasiness or congestion), and the only scent I wear is an oil combination.

I often get pre mixed blends, if I find ones I like. Some I mix myself.

Four Thieves I find great for diffusing in a room, or doing a very light spritz on an a/c filter, letting it dry and putting it back. Too much oil and the air doesn't flow as well, but a light spritz, drying and then putting it back in the vent, is kind of refreshing and helps clear the air of bad things. Animals can be sensitive to some of the oils in Four Thieves, so I use sparingly if it's going to be diffusing or blowing through the air.

Phoenix11

I love using essential oils as well. I like to use lemon oil when I clean. I have a diffuser as well and put different blends depending upon the season... usually lemon, orange and grapefruit oil in the summer.. and cinnamon, cloves and peppermint in the winter and fall. I'll also use lavender oil when I want to relax or before going to bed.

It sure beats the smell of some of those artificial room deodorizers!

delizt

been using different versions of this for years, LOVE LOVE LOVE it...great for winter and preventing colds!

Haven't seen the company mentioned by greatdane, but I will check it out! out of all the blends, if I had to use just one, Four Thieves would be it!

prudence

I've never heard of four thieves oil, but I have some four thieves vinegar from here
http://www.luckymojo.com/fourthievesvinegar.html you can actually ingest it, some folks put it on their salads. It does smell like it would be a very good dressing. I have not used it that way yet.

linnie

I get it from Amazon, but it is Eden's Garden. I hope you can pull this up.
http://www.edensgarden.com/products/four-thieves#.VQG3lE10wdU

It includes Clove, Cinnamon Bark, Lemon, Rosemary and Eucalyptus. There may be blends that include some other things. I see "recipes" for making one's own. There are many companies that do essential oils and blends that have something called four thieves or a version of it.
Hello :) Yes, I'm not spending much time here at AT of late... Life... :-/ Thank you all for your info sharing... i've googled it as well as noted your recipe, GD. I have all but one of those oils already in my oils collection, so will go shopping for the cinnamon oil... is anyone certain whether it is oil derived from leaf or bark of cinnamon, because i have a cinnamon tree... only a baby, but it has bark already in abundance, and i was thinking I could make up the oil combination and then infuse some fresh bark neat into the oil... :)

Oh, I've also seen tea tree oil included, and as that grows locally, i have that, too, so will most likely include that as it's my go-to anti everything icky oil :)

Padma

I wonder why it is called Four Thieves...I have never heard of it, now I am intrigued!