Calling stones into creativity

Milfoil

You've just given me a neat idea for a table mat. Croche'd in two colours but with largish crystal beads croche'd into the labrynth it at certain points.

Hmmmm . . .

:)

HearthCricket

Milfoil said:
You've just given me a neat idea for a table mat. Croche'd in two colours but with largish crystal beads croche'd into the labrynth it at certain points.

Hmmmm . . .

:)

LOL Funny how one thing can lead to another! I was so happy to go downstairs, this morning, and see it waiting for me. I love it. And I took pictures into the photographer, a few smaller ones framed for some friends and an 8x10 for me, which I will eventually frame somehow, so whenever I do take it down (or move it) I willl always have it, even as a semi-guide to making it another time or as a meditative tool in itself.

Aurluna~I love the pictures you shared. Those rose quartz ones are amazing! That is how this whole idea originated. I was looking online at templates for an outside labyrinth because I am debating the possibility of having one created, next spring/summer, in our backyard, and looking at prices and styles, etc. for something practical and beautiful, at the same time. In the meantime I was very compelled to make my own little one inside! I highly recommend it. Using your own personal stones/crystals and putting something very special in the middle is such a therapuetic activity in its own right!

memries

You know I have stones and crystals stashed everywhere. This would almost require me to gather them up and see what I have at this point. It is a bit discouraging but Lark's lovely Stonehenge and your Labrinyth are very inspiring.

I never did get my crystal fountain made as we are in the process of moving which ticked me off relative to my fountain. Plus I bought the wrong pump. So that is on hold until I make space or get carried away and just make it. What a watery mess I had for a bit ! LOL

At least the Labrinyth is dry ! I am very excited though and have that itch for sure.

sleepingcat

What brilliant ideas, guys!

*trots off to start somthing of her own*

Cerulean

That reminds me...

...I have a white ceramic dish that was dedicated to a shell and candle kind of summer tribute...I can take the candles off and make a shell and crystal and sand labyrinth...

And of course there are old large bowls that would work as well...or baskets or platters...great fun! I have an old book that shows maps of stone and hedge labyrinths...so this would be fun to try.

Best wishes and happy stone maps!

Cerulean

P.S. Add herbal greens, rose or other petals or dried bits (sage, rosemary, lavendar)...and a sphere or two...and you have a sacred landscape and a stone garden of your own inside! Maybe even add your runestones...And the goddess can be at the door and one can descend into the spiral womb of the underworld...and ascend back into the remains of the day...thanks all, having fun with the ideas even before I do this!