What is this woman doing?

womanonfire

I found an image online of a woman making what looks like a very elaborate tarot spread.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kxaeolv78F1qzklyno1_500.jpg

really just curious if this is a known technique...
or is she just trying to use the whole deck for some reason?
or is this just someone showing off??

i like the image... looks interesting... but wondering what such a reading could be for.

BLFO

She is just trying to be complicated. I have never seen a tarot spread over 10 cards that didn't become a pain in the a$$ to interpret.

Lela

It looks like she used every card in the deck. Is it possible to even get any type of clear reading using all the cards like that?

The only spread I've come across that uses all the cards is one where you take the whole deck, throw it up in the air and let the cards fall where they may. You would then interpret the cards based on where they land and which fall face up. Somehow this makes more sense to me than what that woman is doing in the photo.

Amanda

Lela said:
It looks like she used every card in the deck. Is it possible to even get any type of clear reading using all the cards like that?

The only spread I've come across that uses all the cards is one where you take the whole deck, throw it up in the air and let the cards fall where they may. You would then interpret the cards based on where they land and which fall face up. Somehow this makes more sense to me than what that woman is doing in the photo.

Same here! I might have to try that with my Tiny Waite... that's about all they would be good for any way, as you can't shuffle the darn things! LOL Never considered just giving the cards a toss though! :)

womanonfire

well... maybe this is an art photo or something. the tarot cards could just be there for 'mystical effect' or something ;)

thanks for the ideas!

Ronia

Well, I know spreads that use the whole deck but it's not actually a spread - my last reading by a Gypsy woman was about two months ago and she used all the cards. I never figured out why she read only some of them. The spread (as much as it could be call a spread) looked like a tree - one line going from up to down, then from it different branches. She was reading only some of the cards, I got the feeling she may have been counting but I can't be sure. She also didn't care if they were upright or reversed (which the Gypsies in my home country also don't count important). Only when I asked for a wish, she looked if the card was reversed or not. So, basically she kept laying out all these branches until the whole deck was gone and told me the meanings of only few cards - apparently some focal points. Dying to know how this is done but have no idea. :(

womanonfire

Wow Ronia, that sounds really cool!
If you ever find out anything more about it let me know ^_^

Ronia

I couldn't find anything online. :( She was a Gypsy from Portugal, may be a memeber from there would have seen this layout.

Fostha

womanonfire said:
I found an image online of a woman making what looks like a very elaborate tarot spread.

I like the image... looks interesting... but wondering what such a reading could be for.

Dunno if that is a reading,neutralising the cards maybe....or just hoping and praying.:D

Sheri

Based on the research I have done this seems to be a zodiac or horoscope spreads used to do a horoscope reading. I will post the diagram and link later as I am at work now and on my iPhone which would make posting the diagram difficult.

:love: Sheri