Wicked Tarot Kickstarter Campaign

Aunty Anthea

ah yes, there are now pictures on the campaign. check it out here: www.wickedtarot.com. it'll send you straight to the campaign. look down at the rewards graphics.

STUNNING ARTWORK :love:

I think it is an exceptional deck that is truly in a league of it's own :heart:

Only problem is I do not know how much anything costs from UK

mrossi

Anthea! thank you! I can help you with that! what questions can I answer for you to help you with pricing?

mrossi

Also, do you have a Kickstarter account? If not, head to kickstater.com and sign up. They only require a name, e-mail and password. Nothing else. Email us through the kickstarter site to the campaign directly and we can get you the information you need quickly. :)

Theta Choir

I really like the art and the overall aesthetic of the cards, but (there's always a "but", right?) I am a bit disappointed that the borders of the cards are so huge. I feel like I'm trying to peer out of a port hole to see what's going on.

Honestly, those oval borders feel like they are cutting off so much of the incredible artwork. It leaves me feeling a bit...I don't know, "visually frustrated"? Is that a thing? I'm calling it a thing.

I hope this feedback doesn't come off as rude. I am really impressed with the individual elements that comprise this deck. And the box the deck comes in is absolutely KILLER. But for me, the images on the cards are just way too cropped by the borders.

I wish you the best of luck with your deck, though.

Cheers!

mrossi

I really like the art and the overall aesthetic of the cards, but (there's always a "but", right?) I am a bit disappointed that the borders of the cards are so huge. I feel like I'm trying to peer out of a port hole to see what's going on.

Honestly, those oval borders feel like they are cutting off so much of the incredible artwork. It leaves me feeling a bit...I don't know, "visually frustrated"? Is that a thing? I'm calling it a thing.

I hope this feedback doesn't come off as rude. I am really impressed with the individual elements that comprise this deck. And the box the deck comes in is absolutely KILLER. But for me, the images on the cards are just way too cropped by the borders.

I wish you the best of luck with your deck, though.

Cheers!

Thank you for the feedback! I wondered about that, but it didn't seem to be an issue to me after I looked at it on the actual cards. But I'm glad you commented! :)

rwcarter

I thought the same as Theta Choir - pretty big borders resulting in smaller images. It's those huge borders that are putting me on the fence of backing the campaign.

Rodney

Phenix

I thought the same as Theta Choir - pretty big borders resulting in smaller images. It's those huge borders that are putting me on the fence of backing the campaign.

Rodney

Bingo, same here.

starlightexp

Rodney

I'm the same way. It looks more like a card game like Magic The Gathering rather then tarot with those borders. I love like for patterns and how cards flow together and even with the borders chopped off I'm not sure how much of card would be left to see.

Can you give us any insight as to the reason behind the border design?

Aunty Anthea

Thank you for the feedback! I wondered about that, but it didn't seem to be an issue to me after I looked at it on the actual cards. But I'm glad you commented! :)

I have no objection to the borders and they certainly will not deter me from buying a deck :love:

I think the borders are rather magnificent and they help to set the deck apart from all the numerous other decks that seem to be flooding the marketplace (USP)

Also, the large borders give the cards an antique appearance. Those of us who will be reading for others, be assured the general public will absolutely love the cards :love:

Question 1: Are the cards reasonably large, larger than the average set of playing cards?

Question 2: Will most people be buying the cards to use while giving readings to other people?

When I am reading for other across a table, I like the cards to face me, I do not read upside down :laugh:

The client looks at the cards upside-down, often in dim light. I am doing the same with my Mythic Tarot as I write this. It is VERY difficult for me to make out the details, even though I know what the cards are

It is my belief that very few clients will see details in any upside-down cards clearly. But spread out the Wicked Tarot and they will notice the magnificent antique looking borders and be duly impressed by them :love:

If in any doubt use a focus group to gain feedback. Just print off 2 or 3 cards as they are now, and 2 or 3 cards as they would look with a much border. Also do the upside-down test in subdued lighting, with the Wicked Tarot and the much more mundane RW and maybe a couple of other decks :lightbulb:

GOOD LUCK :thumbsup:

starlightexp

The client looks at the cards upside-down, often in dim light. I am doing the same with my Mythic Tarot as I write this. It is VERY difficult for me to make out the details, even though I know what the cards are

Funny you should bring up that deck because that's one that I use almost every night, as I keep it by my bed, and find the cards very easy to see.

Typically I do read for others and I find that there are times that I refer to the art in the reading and so I might find it hard to get them look in the 'art bubble' to see what is going on in the card. I've used various decks in the 20+ years of reading for others and many times people as about things going on in the art.