Melissa Lenormand

souljourney

Dad0Seven said:
OK, a little poetic license in the Title, sorry.

I tried to order my copy of the oracle on the down-low...unfortunately, my wife peeked over my shoulder and said "Whatcha doin?" Needless to say, we will soon be the proud parents of TWO copies of the oracle. She doesn't want her readings to have any "icky, guy cooties" on them...OW!!! Just KIDDING!!
:D

Thanks again Melissa!

That's funny!!! At least she doesn't complain when you get new pretties. :)

Madame Squee

Okay, I just pre-ordered two decks... that will save me time and postage later after my daughter sees it. :D

Thank you for creating this GORGEOUS Lenormand deck, Melissa! :heart:

Although I'm fascinated by each and every card and love them all, I think my personal favorites are the Woman and the Ring... they are just wonderful! :love:

xoxox:diamond:x
t.r.queen

alec

Melissa,

This is an amazing achievement. Just put in an a pre-order on your site, and am glad to support your new venture.

This will be my first exposure to a Lenormand deck. Any hints on best ways to use your deck?

Alec

franniee

I ordered mine too. :heart: can't wait. :)

Nina*

I will order the very second my Paypal is back to normal!

*crossing fingers it will be very soon*

thorhammer

I ordered! Thankyou Mel, for being so kind when I PM'd you. I have a job now :) and I couldn't wait even to start at it - I had to make sure I got this lovely deck and didn't miss out like I have done a couple of times recently.

It's so pretty - and I really like the look of the backs :)

\m/ Kat

tarotmama

Thanks all! It's great to see so many people interested in this deck.

alec said:
This will be my first exposure to a Lenormand deck. Any hints on best ways to use your deck?

LOL. My husband, who was peeking over my shoulder, says that the best way to use the deck is with two or three additional copies ;)

Well.... when I started the project, I was reading the little booklet that goes along with my French Cartomancy Mini and also whatever websites I could try to find on Lenormand meanings. Lots of people say that Lenormand cards aren't read "intuitively" but I just got the feeling that was because the one little icon in the middle of the card didn't offer much food for thought.

So for my deck, I tried to make each card as emotive as possible, and to offer "clues" as to possible meanings in the cards. They're not as symbol rich as a tarot, but I think you should be able to get *something* from each card -- whether just a mood or feeling or specific details.

It's my hope that people who have no experience with Lenormand cards can use them as an oracle straight out of the box. And people with knowledge of Lenormand can find them a beautiful addition to the genre. Now, as a tool for teaching Lenormand, or as a deck meant to bridge that gap -- I'm not sure how effective mine will be. And only because I do not include the playing card face on my cards.

I actually read the cards intuitively, because, well, I made them and I understand the artistic choices of each card. They're poker sized, so they fit nicely in the hand and the card-stock is good for shuffling. I really think everyone will be very pleased. I am totally excited to get them out to you, anyway.

Thanks again for the support! xo

Eowyn

And you know, the most probably is that in the moment we start receiving our decks, we will run a study group and we will all learn together our way through your Lenormand, both artistic and oracle-wise way :D

I don't have oracle cards, no clue of Lenormand, so I'm really looking forward this ;)

BodhiSeed

Just ordered mine this morning (while I was supposed to be doing payroll :D). I'm excited that this lovely deck will have some extra cards too! I look forward to learning about this deck with a study group.

tatsi

The first time I came across this deck, by way of AT, of course, I fell in love with it.

I have always been interested in the Lenormand deck, but the artwork choices available were boring and not very emotive. The nicest one I have come across is the French Cartomancy deck (which I have), but it was still lacking. So when I saw your deck for the first time I knew I had to have it. Not only is it a beautiful deck, but very emotive -- you can easily read it intuitively only (no prior knowledge required), if you choose.

So I am waiting with bated breath for my THREE decks to arrive. March just can not come soon enough.

Many thanks for creating and publishing this incredible deck. I am thrilled that it is poker sized, and not the bridge size that most Lenormand decks come in.

Also, I read in your other thread that you originally intented to incorporate playing cards in your deck:
tarotmama said:
It was actually my original intention to include the playing cards, but I couldn't find a complete set of playing cards that I could be sure were in the public domain. *sigh* perhaps next time!
Personally, while I like playing cards inset in Lenormand decks, I am glad that you did not do this for your deck. To me, it would have detracted from the beautiful deck you created. However, I do like the idea of you creating more decks!!!

tatsi