From the creator of the Wooden Tarot

ana luisa

Unfortunately, it's GORGEOUS... I can't keep looking at new releases right now as I'm low in cash. This one, though, may even make me start making some sacrifices. Love the drawings, the concept, the simplicity. The only pet peeve would be a card with an animal being killed. But that's just me. Thank you for sharing !! :thumbsup: Truly a phenomenal artist !

aquestionmark

I, too, had an interesting reaction to the card with the animal being killed. On one hand, it is death and not pretty and the picture also embodies a starkness and emotion that is fear and the seemingly most fearful idea to people is the reality of death in some degree. I appreciate the dissonance and turmoil this card brings about in me because it is complicated. .

ana luisa

I don't mind death but animal death. I don't cringe with the guy in the 10 of Swords but could not work with a card showing a bird bleeding to death. Go figure.

Jagdamba

Thanks for posting this, tho' you've led me into temptation!

I love Kickstarter & have seen the Wooden Tarot on Etsy, so I have an inkling as to the individual flavour of this artist. I have to admit, one glance at this thread and I've impulsively backed her! My birthday is May 9th, so I'll call it a present to myself (May 8th, they call the funding in). Thanks for posting about it. Will look at it all more closely in a short while...but some decisions are just no brainers, right?

aquestionmark

Of course, sometimes it's just right.. I feel like even the rough sketches speak to me and am excited to see the final versions.

wraith

worth it!!

Saw the sketches for the cards and immediately fell in love with them .....got so drawn by the depictions I could not help myself I immediately backed up the project and here i promise myself not to spend anymore lol

Jagdamba

Saw the sketches for the cards and immediately fell in love with them .....got so drawn by the depictions I could not help myself I immediately backed up the project and here i promise myself not to spend anymore lol

Oooh, don't loiter too long on this forum then. This place is crawling with enablers ;)

wraith

Oooh, don't loiter too long on this forum then. This place is crawling with enablers ;)

So I've notice my collection of cards has grew quite fast and still got a few more decks heading to me but no regrets in the least ☺😊

aquestionmark

I just got this deck in the mail a few days ago and it is beautiful, grounded and has a nice feel in your hand! I fully recommend this deck