Lenormand Listings

Le Fanu

Prompted by the iminent release (and corresponding thread) about the Blue Bird Lenormand, I checked out the Lenormand listings here on Aeclectic Tarot - something I honestly didn't know existed until I stumbled across the thread - and was disconcerted to see no mention of The Game of Hope Reproductions.

Lauren's Lenormand reproductions are massively significant and I don't understand why none, (i.e not one) is listed. The usual explanation for such lacks is that Solandia hasn't been sent scans, but to see a deck listed that doesn't even exist yet (i.e the Blue Bird) seems to me very odd. The listing of Lenormands as it stands looks chronically imbalanced. Of course there are all the thematic etsy ones in existence and it's arguably impossible to keep up, but is that really the reason?

There are few people whose publications have had a genuinely significant impact on the learning of Lenormand today and I think Lauren is one of them. It seems genuinely surprising that a number of what I call the seasonal bandwaggon decks are up there and yet the important historical ones are noticeably absent. I am not thinking of my own Game of Hope reproductions and stamping my foot, because when I think of her publications I tend to think more of the Stralsunder and the Dutch and the Wust plus of course the whole variety of Dondorfs. When a history of the early 21st Century upsurge in Lenormand card reading comes to be written - if ever it does - I don't for one minute think that these publications will be considered insignificant. Imagine a listing of tarot decks omitting the reproductions of the Conver, the Vieville, the Tarot de Paris, the Dodal and so forth.

reall

I agree!:)) I find many fantastic lenormand in my reserch and was surprised they are not listed here?:)) but we should keep in mind this is not LENORMAND/aka all cards ENCICLOPEDIA!:)) like we all luv to think!^^ lolz ;)) and it's all up to solandia to upload card img and reviews and keep it all in one piece!^^ so,,, let's hope she'll work even more for us in the future!?XD ;))))

Alta

I have drawn this to Solandia's attention.

Solandia

Hi Le Fanu, I can only list decks I own or decks for which I've been sent card images. If you own some of the missing decks or can source images - please send me scans! :)

Tag_jorrit

If you go to my web store you will find 20+ reproductions, a couple are as-found as well as restored. If you click on one of the zoomed images you can right-click and copy the images. You can pick any that appeal to you.

Or I could send the same images to you via email.

Le Fanu

If you go to my web store you will find 20+ reproductions, a couple are as-found as well as restored. If you click on one of the zoomed images you can right-click and copy the images. You can pick any that appeal to you.

Fantastic! They NEED to be included!

reall

YEY!:)) just to be sure, can I send info n img I find on net?:)) or it had to be deck I have n my photos?:))

Solandia

Thanks Tag_jorrit, email would be great. You can email images to me at webmaster@aeclectic.net whenever is convenient.

~ Solandia