two Lenormand books in English found at Amazon........

faunabay

Ok well then...... :) I haven't ordered it yet. It is on my wishlist, but my first lenormand deck hasn't gotten here yet either.

I have just recently gotten interested in the lenormand decks. I ordered the Mystical Lenormand but also want a more tradional one too. Once the deck gets here I know I'll have to have this book.

Thanks for coming and explaining Sylvia. It's always wonderful to have the artists and authors themselves come to help us out here on aeclectic!! And I would love to go to a workshop. Got any in the midwest? :D

Sylvie Steinbach

You are more than welcome!

I feel that it is important for an author to dialogue with his/her readers. New Age, Metaphysic lovers are passionate people who deserve the interactivity. I really believe that this book will support the sale of the Lenormand deck. But I would love to hear from you when you receive the book and went through it. This manual is something you keep in your library. But it is also important to pass the word around once you read it! So happy reading and share your inputs as soon as you can. Sylvie

WolfyJames

Yeah, thanks for those informations Sylvie, I'll check out your book. I have access here to french LeNormand books in Québec, Canada, and alas they repeat themselves and all say the same basic things on the cards and I think they waste too many pages on the spreads instead of focusing more on the cards. And they are like 40$CAD, taxes not included, no way. I prefer using small spreads on my side so I have no interest in complex spreads. Your post though raise my interest into your book, it seems quite interesting.

Sylvie Steinbach

About workshops

Workshops will be necessary to explain what is not clear but also go beyond the ABC of the book. I do plan to have one in North Hollywood CA at the beginning of 2008. Nothing yet as far as other states or countries. I am very open to organize a workshop if you, guys can help make it happen. The equation is simple: location + students + timing = workshop. Do not hesitate to get involved if you think you can create an event near your town. Thanks!

Sylvie Steinbach

The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle

Lay outs -small or large- are part of the tradition in using cards. I always prefered the system that brings up your own psychic abilities. That is what the book teaches. It takes practice to get used to it. But cards by themselves cannot 'talk' without you being tuned in. You have to get to the Zone and suddenly the cards reveal details that books cannot really teach. When I created the book I kept 2 things in mind: price and value. I wanted to allow people to buy a set: book + cards for less than $30 us. Why? because that is what I look at as a consumer. So I am with you as far as price control. I did have access to the French books -I am French! and was disappointed with what I got. I think my 'how to' is really good in comparaison. But you will be the ultimate judge on it.

Astraea

faunabay said:
I ordered the Mystical Lenormand but also want a more tradional one too.
Hi Faunabay! I recommend the Piatnik Mlle Lenormand Cartomancy Deck (available in the US at http://www.houseoftarot.com/Cartomancy/Mlle+Lenormand+Oracle+Deck+by+Piatnik.html -- it's currently sold out, but they always get more in) and the Lo Scarabeo French Cartomancy deck (available at Amazon, new in a mini-kit with a not-so-great book, and used as a deck-only purchase). You can also find new and used European decks if you do a search on Lenormand at Amazon, but most of them are not pictured so you have to know what you're looking for.

Lenormand decks are less expensive than tarots -- most of them are under $10. The LS French Cartomancy kit is $11 and change. The Mystical is charming, isn't it? All the Lenormands are -- they really capture the imagination.

(Edited to say that if you get the Piatnik, the direction of the clouds on the Cloud card is reversed from how it is on some other decks, but it's no problem -- just adapt the meaning accordingly.)

Astraea

Thanks, Wolfy! :) Still waiting for UPS here...

Sylvie Steinbach

If you want to see all the Lenormand decks

I would like to refer you to Magicka.com it is a French site but it also has an English side. Stay on the French side because it has more selection on the small Lenormand. Go to the search box and type "lenormand" all the Lenormand published will be available with a window on the cards or click on 'lenormand' in the menu and a long list will appear. Select as you go so that you can see what they look like. A lot of decks! Sylvie

Astraea

Sylvie, that is a great site! Thank you so much. I've bookmarked it.