Pagan tarot - uusi

Luna's Crone

Just saw this linked from another thread. What a stunning deck! And here I thought I had cleared my wishlist.

Mine has now gotten larger by two decks. this one and the Ananda

starlightexp

GET A CIGARET BEFORE YOU READ THIS.... you'll thank me when your done.

Latest update on the deck from L&P:

The card stock:
" "Robusto" Playing Card Stock We wanted to call out a few special additions we made in production that we know you will love. First off, though this was spec'd as part of the deck in the project, we still cannot get over how awesome the paper stock is that William Kalush of Expert sourced from Germany. The linen finish on the card gives the look of an artist's canvas and adds an air cushion to each card allowing for silky smooth handling of the deck. Typical tarot cards are made from a pasted paper stock that can damage easily and has a tendency to feel a bit "sticky" when you shuffle them, whereas the beauty of the Robusto stock we used on our tarot is that it is an exclusive, premium playing card stock with a flexible core that allows greater movement but still retains an impressive rigidity and gives a much longer, more archival life to the deck."

The gold foil:
"Uusi Luna Card Special Luminescent Foil When we first imagined the Luna Cards we thought they would be beautiful with a gold foil on them, but as we neared production we felt that a solid gold foil over the moon's light surface would be too heavy – not heavenly at all! Looking to keep an ethereal quality to the moon's glow we created a special die template that pixelated the foil allowing for a more textured, less dense coverage. We also upped the foil grade to a luminescent gold that has a prismatic quality to it – light literally dances on it changing from fiery to opalescent, milky hues as the card is moved. We absolutely love it and know you will too!"

Oh and it's a Kickstarter shipping on time!!!!!

Light up

FLizarraga

GET A CIGARET BEFORE YOU READ THIS.... you'll thank me when your done.

Thanks, E! The update would have been lost among my morning email if you hadn't posted this.

And here is a nifty video showcasing the gold foil!

Dee Ell

Thanks, E! The update would have been lost among my morning email if you hadn't posted this.

And here is a nifty video showcasing the gold foil!

Oh that is gorgeous. Sigh. I wish I had known about it when it was still funding because it's quite a bit more to buy from their site which I can't afford, and I'm positive no one will ever want to trade this incredible deck away!!

FLizarraga

Oh that is gorgeous. Sigh. I wish I had known about it when it was still funding because it's quite a bit more to buy from their site which I can't afford, and I'm positive no one will ever want to trade this incredible deck away!!

I know just how you feel, Dee Eli. This was my last Kickstarter. Since then, I have had to let go several tempting decks, Place's Marziano Tarot among them, and now the colored Tabula Mundi. *sigh*

starlightexp

I jumped in WHOLE HOG and ended up doing:

one of the 24k gold guilt decks
the box carved from 600 year old cypress wood
a poker deck
a standard deck
a print of the title card
the book

It's an early Yule gift between me and my husband

RiverRunsDeep

a poker deck
a standard deck
the book

Oh, I am jealous! Now I am wishing I had jumped in whole hog as well. A box carved from 600 year old cypress? **sigh** Sounds like the perfect home for a deck of this caliber.

With every update I receive, I get more and more anxious to receive this. I'm not normally a fan a white space, but this deck strikes a perfect balance between what it expresses and what it leaves unspoken.

decan

You can't see me behing my screen but I am drooling there :D

Seriously this deck look really wonderful!
If I get it I don't even know if I'll dare to use it (to not damage it)

illyria

a poker deck
a standard deck
the book

Ooohhh, I got the cypress box, too! I chose the one with the swallow on it. What's on yours?