Ciro Marchetti Marseille-Inspired Deck

FaintlyMacabre

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that there seems to be a fair amount of interest in what I'm going to call Marseille-ish decks (please find a better word). Decks that resemble Marseille decks but are more fully illustrated. I can't blame artists for moving in new directions.

Looking forward to seeing the deck.

Diana

rwcarter

I, for one, would buy the deck sight unseen BECAUSE it's Ciro's work. That info alone gives me a certain expectation of the style and quality of the product since he's in charge of the production process. I'm intrigued by the idea that it's not a TdM but could be used as one.

I second gregory's sentiments about FB. Hopefully the page with the images is open and doesn't require login to see them.

Rodney

GlitterNova

I really like the art-deco style in general. There aren't a huge number of tarot decks done in that style, no? Not a huge fan of pip cards but I'll certainly be keeping an eye out for this deck once images are released.

FaintlyMacabre

I wanted to give my husband some idea of Ciro's style. (I have the Gilded).

The quickest thing I found was his screensaver and my husband enjoyed it. Although I do like much of his art, he is fonder of jesters and masks than I am. (I have a thing about masks.) However, I certainly do want to see the deck.

Diana

reall

ok, personal grudges aside, anyone who say anything bad about CG deck should check on deviantart first and see what art spirit is!XD lolz;))

@ ciro you should know better! stick to what you're good with;paint and leave talk to us!XD act like diva and get yourself pr with more charm who'll post your official announcement here!XD I or gregory would be best!XD ;)) no need to feed trols!XD :)))

and for all of our members who don't have fb don't worry! I'm sure enough of us have it and will post any news here as quick as possible!XD :)))

and like any other forum topic H8rs gonna H8!XD no need to fuss about that!XD ;))

gregory

I wanted to give my husband some idea of Ciro's style. (I have the Gilded).

The quickest thing I found was his screensaver and my husband enjoyed it. Although I do like much of his art, he is fonder of jesters and masks than I am. (I have a thing about masks.) However, I certainly do want to see the deck.

Diana

Gilded is not the best example. He has moved WAY on from that. You could look at his site, or at Tarot of Dreams or Legacy of the Divine. What I can never understand is why people who don't like a particular style can't just say it isn't their cup of tea instead of saying, effectively, that it is vile and soulless. I've never found his decks soulless. ACTUALLY there is another well known artist whose decks I DO find totally without soul - but I also know that others find them truly wonderful - and that's fine by me. I might say (I probably have said !) that I find them so - but I would never say that they ARE so - soul is in the mind of the beholder, like. :)

cirom

@ ciro you should know better!

I did know better, thats why I didn't plan to start any thread or make any reference here on AT to this project. But once the thread was started I did need to clarify some assumption that were incorrect.
Incredible, all this and I haven't even shown a one card yet (at least not publicly) that doesn't sound like a good omen..

But I will take the rest of your advice anyway.....

BTW is it possible for you to post a link on AT to my video on Facebook. The one that demonstrates how I cheat and actually have a machine that automatically produces all my decks. If not I'll upload it to Youtube and provide you with that link.. I think its quite informative. :)

gregory

I have to say the lip synch is rather off... but I guess that doesn't matter once the deck's printed :D. Oddest looking Nina Simone I ever did see.

No but really - that's funny. I had no idea you were so mechanical.... ;)

FaintlyMacabre

Gilded is not the best example. He has moved WAY on from that. You could look at his site, or at Tarot of Dreams or Legacy of the Divine. What I can never understand is why people who don't like a particular style can't just say it isn't their cup of tea instead of saying, effectively, that it is vile and soulless. I've never found his decks soulless. ACTUALLY there is another well known artist whose decks I DO find totally without soul - but I also know that others find them truly wonderful - and that's fine by me. I might say (I probably have said !) that I find them so - but I would never say that they ARE so - soul is in the mind of the beholder, like. :)

Yes, I know the Gilded was his early effort - I was around when he was working on it. It is just the one I happen to have. I was at his site and that is where I found the screensaver.

Diana