Suggestions for a "Different" Pagan-themed Deck

Barleywine

Barleywine, I don't have a suggestion for Pagan decks other than what you have. However, I love my DruidCraft, it's my go to deck, but I also had trouble with the size. So, I trimmed it to the bone. First, I trimmed it including the outer and inner borders and rounding corners, but left the titles. After a couple years, I trimmed the titles and re-rounded the corners. It is wonderful and it's now a very workable size. I have small hands and I can shuffle this deck - no problem. I followed the instructions in the Tarot Trimming thread, using a Fiskars guillotine paper cutter and a large corner rounder. It was fun and gave me time with each card.

Good advice. I haven't settled on how yet, but I'm definitely going to do it.

Luna's Crone

Have you looked into I Tarocchi Celtici? (also known as Les Tarots Celtiques) Comes with a nice book too, but I think it is only in Italian or French. There has been some study group activity though, and Mi-Shell has put some work into it. It's definitely off the beaten path.

I might be willing to part with mine, but it has some issues making it less than perfect.

I looks like an interesting deck. and if you don't use the book much, then language shouldn't be an issue. in the past the french where celtic as well as the rest of europe, not sure about northern italy or spain.

Colleen007

Pagan Otherworlds

This one looks interesting. It is still in pre-order status. Wish I had seen it while I could back it on kickstarter, but I didn't check out the thread in time. The art looks so clean and uncluttered, yet symbolic.
Here is a thread that ran a while ago that includes a link to the images.

http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=242891

Luna's Crone

A wiccan focus is fine with me, since that's another area of interest I've had over the years. And the Four Elements has been on my wishlist forever, I love the colors and art but not sure about reading with it. Not interested in modern-themed decks, which eliminates some options. The close-up faces of Waking the Wild Spirit are a riot - definitely a contender, but I'm not huge on multi-culturalism in tarot (well I do appreciate it in the Chrysalis Tarot). Thanks for the suggestions.

i find my multicultural decks have opened me up to more intuitive options. Just a thought. Cuz remember, there are alot of people out there who follow celtic, druidism without a drop of celtic blood in them. And there is a large population of African-Americans who don't realize how celtic they are. so multiculture doesn't mean non-celtic/pictish. Just another thought. sorry, I have a tendency to get carried away.

Barleywine

i find my multicultural decks have opened me up to more intuitive options. Just a thought. Cuz remember, there are alot of people out there who follow celtic, druidism without a drop of celtic blood in them. And there is a large population of African-Americans who don't realize how celtic they are. so multiculture doesn't mean non-celtic/pictish. Just another thought. sorry, I have a tendency to get carried away.

I hadn't thought about it quite that way. Thanks! I dislike the obvious approach: "Well, we need one of these black ones, and one of those brown ones, oh . . . and one of those yellow ones over there" to be inclusive and "politically correct." It makes me just want to stick with the Pagan Cats deck. :)

Luna's Crone

This one looks interesting. It is still in pre-order status. Wish I had seen it while I could back it on kickstarter, but I didn't check out the thread in time. The art looks so clean and uncluttered, yet symbolic.

oh my. I want this deck. sigh. boy talk about an enabling forum, its the best one i have ever been on. LOL

Dee Ell

Have you looked at the Llewellyn Tarot? The name makes it sound like just a generic publishing house deck but it's actually focused on their Welsh roots and is full of imagery and mythology from Wales. Maybe I'm totally off base with your query but I came across it recently and thought it looked really interesting:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/llewellyn/

Madrigal

I was going to suggest this also. It's a stunner.

There is the Wildwood which people seem to love or hate. And there's also Tarot of Northern Shadows. The latter is by the same artist who did Tarot of the Old Path.

decan

You look for a Tarot but because you are also interested in Lenormand deck you have the Celtic Lenormand.
The art is probably beautiful (I think Will Worthington is the illustrator), and the backdrop is pagan.

I googled with "Will Worthington" and I found online the Green Man Oracle (the focus is on trees, so you need to be inspired by trees, otherwise...).
For me the Druid Plant Oracle was a little bit a disappointment; the art is beautiful but the deck didn't really speak to me.

Barleywine

Have you looked at the Llewellyn Tarot? The name makes it sound like just a generic publishing house deck but it's actually focused on their Welsh roots and is full of imagery and mythology from Wales. Maybe I'm totally off base with your query but I came across it recently and thought it looked really interesting:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/llewellyn/

Thanks for reminding me! I remember that the publisher wanted to honor the Welsh roots of Llewellyn George.