6 Card Tarot Story Spread

Neos

This is my first (successful?) tarot spread that I've made. I've only done it once so far, but it seemed to work fairly well. I'll be testing it more, and seeing what I can tweak, but let me know if you notice any changes that should be made.

This is meant to be in the shape of a star, with one card in the center.

-----6-----
--4-----5--
-----1-----
--2-----3--

1. The Plot - the basic premise of the story
2. The Setting - time/place that story may occur
3. The Hero(es)
4. The Antagonist(s)
5. An Odd Quirk - About either the hero(s) or antagonist(s)
6. Plot Twist - Something unexpected

Let me know what you think!

Winterchild

Great Spread!

I love it but there is only one thing I would change if I were doing a start spread... I would have to have the numbers of the points laid out as I would draw a pentagram (which traditionally are drawn without a break....) hence the layout would be either:

***1***
3*****4
***6***
5*****2

or

***2***
4*****5
***1***
6*****3

Depending if you want the 1 or the 6 in the middle.... as 1 in the plot it could be seen to be right in either position shown here!

This is just me though.... your layout would be preferred by others no doubt!

Thanks for sharing Neos

:heart:

CrystalSeas

How does the story end?

Perhaps a 7th card that gives an Outcome.

Winterchild

How does the story end?

Perhaps a 7th card that gives an Outcome.

I think the ending would be covered in the plot, but what I would do is take each point of the star and the centre card of course as a starter, and then draw cards around each one to add more detail, answer questions etc.... if that makes sense!

janek

I really like the idea of writing story with help of tarot. And I will try it definitely. Thanks for the spread. Looks interesting