I want some info

Yami Yugi

what exactly is Qabbalah? i'd like to know i'm curious about it.

Macavity

I sure you will get someone to tell you MUCH more on this topic... ;)

But, for someone like me that wanted an concise introduction and which (seemingly!) contained authorative information equivalent to that found e.g. online there's: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=1578632153/ref=nosim/aeclectic/
"The Chicken Qabalah" by Lon Milo Duquette. A great (and fun!) little book.

Macavity

jmd

An earlier thread with exactly this question (What is Qabalah?) began to address some aspects.

The question is as difficult as asking what exactly the Tarot is. It is the 'exactly' which makes it so difficult to answer - yet which commands respect for wanting clarity on a tradition.

In the thread linked above, some mention of the Tree of Life and the different spellings of the term 'Kabalah' have already been made. What is quite important to Kabbalah is fourfold:
  • firstly, its deep connection to especially the first five books of the Bible, and its various levels (four) in which it may be understood/interpreted;

secondly, its connection to a spiritual tradition connected to earlier (Jewish) Merkabah (Chariot) mysticism, and to various understandings of the meanings arising out of, and within, the Hebrew alphabet;

thirdly, its three may texts: the Sefer Yetzirah; Bahir; & Zohar - these are listed in their order of 'publication' (hand-copied from the 2nd, 12th and 14th centuries, approx.), and, in my view, importance;

fourthly, the glyph of the Tree of Life which developed in its various guises. In each case, these have ten emanations (with an eleventh sphere usually said to be other than an emanation). The various glyphs each have very specific internal geometrical relations from which important physical, psychological, and spiritual understandings arise.
With regards to its connection to Tarot, the Hebrew alphabet and the Tree of Life are of main concern...

Hope this helps somewhat. May I suggest also looking at the Table of Contents. Each of the ten emanations on the Tree of Life has a name, which I list in order in the table of contents, and which links to appropriate discussions.

In addition, I trust further replies will make broaching this subject somewhat easier :)

Fulgour

Byzant Kabbalah is our collection of resources concerning the venerable mystical system of the Kabbalah. The Kabbalah has its roots in esoteric Judaism (and there is still a purely Judaic strand), but its body of knowledge has been developed over the centuries by people of many faiths and beliefs. Its universal applicability gives the Kabbalah its continued power and presence today.

http://www.byzant.com/mystical/

A healthy grain of salt is always advisable...