"Blue Moonstone"?

WhiteRaven

or this....

Blue Quartz

scroll down to see the different shades....

OakDragon

Lapis? No, definitely not. My pendant is translucent.

Blue quartz? Mayyyyyyyyyyyyyyybe. My pendant has a very un-quartzlike glow or shine inside it, though. It's probably either moonstone with quartz or something made up (quartz with a reflective backing).

Moonbow

According to one of my books it is possible to get Blue and Green Moonstone as well as the usual colours so I think it could well be Moonstone.

OakDragon

It could very well be, Moonbow* I was just skeptical of the streaks (and the price ($25), frankly).

I hope it is moonstone. :)

Ruby7

It's beautiful!! Looks like labradorite to me ( same mineral family as moonstone--"feldspar group". The lattice lines are very typical of labradorite.)

Ruby7

OakDragon

Labradorite is the closest I can find so far, and I guess that's more or less blue moonstone, so I'll go with that. Thanks for your help, everyone! :D

Myrrha

Hi Oakdragon

I have a similar pendant which was sold to me as "blue moonstone". It is gorgeous but the energy feels more neptunian, more intense than moonstone (I love moonstone also). In fact it is a bit too intense for me to wear often although I'm getting more used to it. I took it to a gemstone store and they said it was Labradorite. Most labradorite that I've seen is more greenish but somewhere I read that high-quality labradorite can also be blue.

How does the stone feel to you? Do you enjoy wearing it? The shop I bought it at said that "blue moonstone" is a protective stone. Does it feel protective to you? I feel like this stone stirs up stuff, something, not emotions but something having to do with intuition.

--Myrrha

catlin

I also think that OakDragon's pendant is Labradorite, the streaks are pretty typical and taking the photo with flash into consideration I think it is a white Labradorite enhanced with blue paper, a very common practice. It is a very beautiful pendant.