Kickstarter deck - Faerie Enchantments

DaughterOfDanu

I hope your pack comes soon DaughterOfDanu. Clearly they are being tracked as I had to sign for mine this morning. All the way from China.

They are gorgeous cards. I've been reading the little book this afternoon and it's reawakened my interest in magic which is no mean feat considering I've been on a real downer since my dog passed.

moonbearxxx

I got my tracking number and no change since the 12th when they were shipped out but at least I have something to keep an eye on. Glad they're so lovely and are helping you feel better :)

Mittkait

I just received my deck today. I was so relieved and happy. Mine was probably held up in Customs for awhile.

DaughterOfDanu

I'm still waiting but I've been assured that they're looking into the time frame of when the shipping company declares packages lost so they can consider sending out another if it doesn't arrive by then. I'm thinking it might take a month to get to me like most other shipments from China :/ Which means another week and a half at least of waiting.

Lilyfae

Very neat deck however I have to say that I know some information in the booklet is very misleading; for one, your higher self has nothing to do with your astrology. Your astrology was different in your past lives. Maybe you are a cancer in this life but you could have been a leo in the last. This is like saying you have a certain soul type based on your astrology, one has nothing to do with the other. I was put off by this but I think I will still use the cards. It seems like a very fun and creative way to put together spells. I also love the rose gold trim. I am torn about the deck though, I wish the deck was a little more balanced of the seelie and unseelie look lol... I guess that is his style though. Hmm...

Lilyfae

I'm still waiting but I've been assured that they're looking into the time frame of when the shipping company declares packages lost so they can consider sending out another if it doesn't arrive by then. I'm thinking it might take a month to get to me like most other shipments from China :/ Which means another week and a half at least of waiting.

Yours should be there soon, I just got mine this week.

rabbitghost

Very neat deck however I have to say that I know some information in the booklet is very misleading; for one, your higher self has nothing to do with your astrology. Your astrology was different in your past lives. Maybe you are a cancer in this life but you could have been a leo in the last. This is like saying you have a certain soul type based on your astrology, one has nothing to do with the other. I was put off by this but I think I will still use the cards. It seems like a very fun and creative way to put together spells. I also love the rose gold trim. I am torn about the deck though, I wish the deck was a little more balanced of the seelie and unseelie look lol... I guess that is his style though. Hmm...

I don't think it is misleading, that is your personal belief regarding astrology and the higher self. Also, even if one believes that our astrology was different in past lives, the deck is about our astrology in this life, and how our soul experiences our current incarnation, in terms of our present astrological make-up. Of course if you could discover the astrology of your past life, you could apply that to the system in the book. In my view the popularised view of reincarnation is very much from Eastern theology and not necessarily the belief of the ancient Celts.

There seems little evidence of a doctrine of universal reincarnation among the Celts. It is clear that Spirits are often born into flesh for various reasons. For some, the Way of return is their fate. Those chosen by the Powers for some destiny, or who choose rebirth themselves, or are placed under a geas by a magician, may return to the mortal world to work out their path. For me, the Celts believed in the transmutation of souls in a more shamanistic approach.

There also seems little evidence that the Celts believed in a process of regular reincarnation leading to movement up any sort of spiritual ladder or stairway. Spirits came into flesh to aid their foik, to do the Gods' work, etc. Some ancient Celtic texts speak of procreation as the means of ongoing incarnations through their children. While holding a belief that we return to a paradise otherworld after death.

Lilyfae

I don't think it is misleading, that is your personal belief regarding astrology and the higher self. Also, even if one believes that our astrology was different in past lives, the deck is about our astrology in this life, and how our soul experiences our current incarnation, in terms of our present astrological make-up. Of course if you could discover the astrology of your past life, you could apply that to the system in the book. In my view the popularised view of reincarnation is very much from Eastern theology and not necessarily the belief of the ancient Celts.

There seems little evidence of a doctrine of universal reincarnation among the Celts. It is clear that Spirits are often born into flesh for various reasons. For some, the Way of return is their fate. Those chosen by the Powers for some destiny, or who choose rebirth themselves, or are placed under a geas by a magician, may return to the mortal world to work out their path. For me, the Celts believed in the transmutation of souls in a more shamanistic approach.

There also seems little evidence that the Celts believed in a process of regular reincarnation leading to movement up any sort of spiritual ladder or stairway. Spirits came into flesh to aid their foik, to do the Gods' work, etc. Some ancient Celtic texts speak of procreation as the means of ongoing incarnations through their children. While holding a belief that we return to a paradise otherworld after death.

Of course it can still be useful for a personal purpose in this life. It just seems to be told in a matter of factly manner that your higher self, your true self is just your astrological correspondance, which I feel is misleading from how I see things but maybe not from the Celtic veiwpoint. Not everyone believes in reincarnation so to each their own. I think every culture and religion has some bits of truth but not all of it. Perhaps I also worded myself wrong, I wasn't saying that the creator of the deck was actually trying to be misleading... perhaps me posting about this during this mercury retrograde was a bad idea... I am sorry if it seemed like I was telling anyone what to believe...

rabbitghost

Of course it can still be useful for a personal purpose in this life. It just seems to be told in a matter of factly manner that your higher self, your true self is just your astrological correspondance, which I feel is misleading from how I see things but maybe not from the Celtic veiwpoint. Not everyone believes in reincarnation so to each their own. I think every culture and religion has some bits of truth but not all of it. Perhaps I also worded myself wrong, I wasn't saying that the creator of the deck was actually trying to be misleading... perhaps me posting about this during this mercury retrograde was a bad idea... I am sorry if it seemed like I was telling anyone what to believe...
Not at all, it's great to hear different views and thoughts. Thanks so much for sharing, It's really interesting to discuss everyone's perspective, we can learn so much by sharing our beliefs and experiences. Sorry if it seemed like I was being analytical, I find your comments very interesting and just added some thoughts x

Lilyfae

Not at all, it's great to hear different views and thoughts. Thanks so much for sharing, It's really interesting to discuss everyone's perspective, we can learn so much by sharing our beliefs and experiences. Sorry if it seemed like I was being analytical, I find your comments very interesting and just added some thoughts x

It's quite alright, thank you for your insight. I have so much to learn about different beliefs.

MoonGypsy

Could someone please tell me if Ian sends a tracking number or email when
the set has been posted? i purchased it off his website the 29th of April and haven't heard a peep...