New Thoth Tarot book.

Aeon418

I read the sample from the Introduction that they had on Amazon. I don't see how it could be offensive to anyone, but it was soporific enough to make for good bed time reading.

You must have missed the off-the-cuff comment about fat ladies and erection problems. Personally I don't find that offensive, but I bet somebody will.

Richard

You must have missed the off-the-cuff comment about fat ladies and erection problems. Personally I don't find that offensive, but I bet somebody will.
Yes, I got a chuckle out of that.

nicky

As a fat lady with an erection problem I am cool with it ;)

Always Wondering

Thanks AW, I just ordered the book. Is there also a special chapter about divination?

His chapter on Western Hermeticism has a lot about the purpose of divination. He also goes into pretty good length of divination with each card.

AW

Always Wondering

Yes, and he has a few more off the cuff remarks that made me chuckle. It tended to remind me that I was learning from a fairly young man, and that might be hard for some. He also throws the word "god" around liberally, but for conceptual reasons. Plus he does not disguise his frustration with intuitive readers, thus running the risk of insulting his target audience.

AW

Always Wondering

Thank you for the review, it interests me, especially if it is not written in an obscure esoteric way.

You are welcome. Yes, it was a nice change.

AW

Aeon418

Yes, and he has a few more off the cuff remarks that made me chuckle. It tended to remind me that I was learning from a fairly young man, and that might be hard for some.
I sensed that the author was young-ish while reading the excerpt. But I'll wait until I've read the book before forming an opinion. I think it sounds interesting enough to take look.

He also throws the word "god" around liberally, but for conceptual reasons.
If you define God as the spiritual source and root of each individual, I don't see it as much of a problem.

Source = Nuit. Root = Hadit ;)

Plus he does not disguise his frustration with intuitive readers, thus running the risk of insulting his target audience.
Good! })

Fianic

Just wondering, how did you guys first find out about this book? Considering this is a self published book, and not written by a well known Thelemite.