BABALON and Τransubstantiation

ravenest

I'm not clear on whether MasterJm is referring to transubstantiation or transmutation. Why would theosophists be interested in transubstantiation?

Liberal Catholic Church ? (I dont know if that is part of their Mass though. )

ravenest

What's sexy about a whore riding a ten-horned, seven-headed beast? }) Anyhow, I've always thought of theosophists as being somewhat prim and proper. :D

Even Leadbeater ? })

ravenest

" It was also during his stay in Australia that Leadbeater became the Presiding Bishop of the Liberal Catholic Church and co-wrote the liturgy book for the church which is still in use today. ...

" Previously Leadbeater had written on the energies of the Christian sacraments in The Science of Sacraments: An Occult and Clairvoyant Study of the Christian Eucharist, one of the most significant works of Christian esotericism. In his prologue to the latest edition of this book, John Kersey refers to the Eucharist proposed by Leadbeater as "a radical reinterpretation of the context of the Eucharist seen within a theological standpoint of esoteric magic and universal salvation; it is Catholicism expressing the love of God to the full without the burdens of needless guilt and fear, and the false totem of the temporal powers of the church."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Webster_Leadbeater#Australia_and_The_Science_of_the_Sacraments

http://www.global.org/Pub/LCCI_Benediction.asp.html

"One of the two people who created the liturgies in the Liberal Catholic Church -- Archbishop James I. Wedgwood -- says that the Mass in the Liberal Rite owes its lineage to the Liturgy of Saint Chrysostom. He says the LCC Mass is not a modification of the Roman Mass, but rather takes more of its wording and flow and energies from the Byzantine liturgy."

http://www.global.org/Pub/JC_Liturgy.asp.html

of course, each church will have a different take on what and into what anything is transubstantiated:

" Blessing of the Elements

This passage incorporates symbolism of the Seven Planets, as follows:
Health: Mercury (Aesculapius)
Wealth: Jupiter
Strength: Mars
Joy: Venus
Peace: Saturn
and that fulfillment of will: Sol
and of love under will: Luna
that is perpetual happiness: Earth

" The Commixto : The Host represents the Grain of Ceres, which was the Child as well as the Sun. The wine is that of Bacchus, the Holy Spirit of Ecstasy. The Particle plunged into the Wine represents the Union of Hadit and Nuit, the dissolution of the King, the 'Baptism of Wisdom,' and the casting of the last drop of blood into the Cup of Babalon. It is both the process of incarnation and of illumination.

" The Elements being conjoined within the Cup, the Lion and Serpent are called to manifest therein. The Lion is Meithras , the Serpent is Abrasax . Together, they become Chnoubis, the Agathodaimon, the Great Magical Agent: Azoth, Baphomet, Kundalinî, Shakti. The Destroyer is that which imposes limitations. That which destroys the Destroyer is Babalon, ecstasy of experience. "

(After consummation it is affirmed) " 'There is no Part of Me that is not of the Gods.'

" This line comes from the Golden Dawn Adeptus Minor ritual, the Rose Cross degree. It was obtained originally from a line from Chapter 42 (on plate 32) of the Egyptian Book of the Dead - En aat am-a shu-t em neter.

" The following is an extract from Crowley's "Not the Life and Adventures of Sir Roger Bloxam:

'See you not how even our dreams, our wishes, all that we are, dates back to hidden ancestor-work? Only the Freudians go not far enough; the glowing seed that made my mind so brilliant had its origin in the Father of all brilliance, Our Lord the Sun. Thus once again, by yet another path, we reach the brave "There is no part of me which is not of the Gods." Rejoice, o brothers, we are altogether of the divine substance. We neither think, nor feel, nor perceive, nor are, any other thing than that all-bounteous, all-beautiful One, that Lord in his splendour and his ecstasy that cometh and goeth in his chariot upon high, giving light and praise, yet neither moveth nor uttereth any Voice! For there is nothing in the Universe that is not of that Unity -- rejoice! rejoice! All paths are spectra, in the prism of consciousness, of that One Light... ' " - Invisible Basilica.

http://hermetic.com/sabazius/gmnotes.htm#planets

'We are (all) made of star stuff .'

gregory

I'm not clear on whether MasterJm is referring to transubstantiation or transmutation. Why would theosophists be interested in transubstantiation?

Quite. But when I raised that way up the thread, he said he was confused and typed too fast or something... Not to mention 156 seems to have vanished from that bit.

By the way - I am no Thelemite; I just read these threads to learn, but to what extent is the Odyssey strictly relevant to Thelema ? (linky if appropriate please.) The Odyssey I DO know, and it might help my unerstanding if there are direct correlations !

Zephyros

I would guess it has something to do with the general journey of initiation, as many hero stories do. I have yet to analyse the story that way, although I have done so with Persephone and Percivale. Any story can be used like that, myths provide the emotional connection to abstract ideas of self-realisation. Even Goldilocks is a Kabbalistic story of initiation, although I suspect that in her case she emerges as a Black Sister, and suffers for it, devoured by the threefold manifestations of her misplaced ego and haphazard Will. Each of the three bears is also a Guna, and by flitting from one to the other Goldilocks misses the point and is thus enslaved.

Sorry, got carried away there. I really shouldn't tell bedtime stories to kids.

MasterJm

MasterJm, in your original post you said, "Some theosophists are teaching that 156 is the number of transubstantiation..." Is there any way you can contact the theosophists you're talking about and ask them what they mean? The shortest distance between two points is a straight line. :)

Or could you quote something here to give some context to their teaching?

I explained that i done mistake, i meant 777. It refered to A.Baileys book Treatise on Cosmic Fire. I have read some of her books, but Bailey doesn't represent Theosophy. There are many differences between Arcanes School pseudo-theosophy and old Theosophy (Blavatsky, Olcott etc). So I don't have contacts with theosophists and i am not interested to have contacts or to know their explanation or theory. I am for many years in another esoteric system. I ask you, not them.

Richard

I would guess it has something to do with the general journey of initiation, as many hero stories do.......
According to Joseph Campbell, the three greatest initiatory epics are The Odyssey, Ulysses (its modern reincarnation), and The Magic Mountain.

Zephyros

According to Joseph Campbell, the three greatest initiatory epics are The Odyssey, Ulysses (its modern reincarnation), and The Magic Mountain.

And, obviously, Goldilocks.

ravenest

By the way - I am no Thelemite; I just read these threads to learn, but to what extent is the Odyssey strictly relevant to Thelema ?

I dont think it is strictly relevant ... it is relevant generally - as outlined above - (not sure if it is in the classic reading curriculum outlined - In Liber Abba)... the reason I bought it up was in context to the mention of transubstantiation, eucharistic sacrament and the Κykeon and the image of Babalon holding the cup aloft (and its contents and effects) on the Lust card .

But the thread now appears to be about 777 and transmutation. In that case Kykeon and Circe may be relevant .... now the focus is not on transmuting the host substance that will be eucharist but the effects of consuming it ?

777 and Babalon link but not sure how that could link to transmutation ? If Bailey says , as you quote in post # 3 ; " She also says that 777 is the number of transmutation, which is the work of all heavenly men." I suppose we could extend the analogy to say the transmutation required is from man and woman to 'Aeonic' heavenly man and woman - Beast and Babylon ?