Vedic Study Group

firecatpickles

I would like to form a Vedic Astrology study group. After recent developments and considerations in my personal life, I have come to the realization that sidereal or Vedic astrology is the way to go for me! (recent PDR reading details this...) From reading the many Threads and discussions about it, I can tell that I'm not the only one here who feels this way. And there is woefully inadequate online information on this subject, just as there is just about any other subject worth studying in detail.

I am going to propose something that I rarely do: step out of my box and actually study a book. Summer is the perfect time.

So Memorial Day Weekend (end of May) is as good a start up date as any. That's 16 weeks. This will give us time to get our textbooks (yes, we need to have the same one) and read up a bit before we start.

What about this one?

http://store.innertraditions.com/isbn/978-0-89281-085-7;jsessionid=DAB4587B4F688CFEE8AFEEA183644094

Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk also have copies as well. Personally. I would be wary of the used additions as you want to make sure you get the CD. Because this book comes with one; so it would be a great textbook for us to study by and software to practice with.

And, this synopsis is quite intriguing: "Vedic astrology was codified by the ancient Maharishis to help people achieve the four basic goals of human existence: kama (desire), artha (wealth), dharma (life purpose), and moksha (spiritual growth)."

If you are interested in yoga this may also appeal to you as well.

So, who's interested?

This can be a discussion Thread and a Sign -up Thread, too, until we start the actual book study.

Thanks for reading!

Minderwiz

We are short of Vedic Astrologers and it would certainly help to get a Vedic dimension on some of our discussions.

So I do hope that you pick up a group who will be interested

Minderwiz

I have the same book too. Komilla Sutton is highly respected in this field.

Aulruna

So far, I don't have more than a blurry idea of Vedic Astrology, but I always wanted to gather some knowledge, so this might be a fruitful endeavour.

Are newbies ok, or are you looking for more seasoned participants, FK?

NamasteIndia

and my english is also poor the language level used in the book is very high then i have to refer dictionary which becomes boring for me
so i prefer simple english book like Komilla's being a Indian settled in UK her language level is much easier to follow.

Minderwiz

Aulruna said:
So far, I don't have more than a blurry idea of Vedic Astrology, but I always wanted to gather some knowledge, so this might be a fruitful endeavour.

Are newbies ok, or are you looking for more seasoned participants, FK?

I think we're all newbies (to a large extent) when it comes to a Vedic approach.

firecatpickles

If you guys already have better book then let's use that one!

And we are all noobs here, so welcome to the club.

Aulruna

Excellent :D

I'm a bookaholic. I ordered both of them.

NamasteIndia

Fire Cat said:
If you guys already have better book then let's use that one!

And we are all noobs here, so welcome to the club.
i liked the book you suggested i was reading the excerpt very nice example of Ken's marriage is given.

I truly agree when planets combine with each other after marriage they can make or break a person.

I will try to get this book also

Attachments

• vedicastrologyclasses%20_%20Message_%20First%20Chapter%20%28%201_1%29[1].pdf
    107 KB · Views: 192