Significance of being born close to an eclipse ?

Kangourou

Hey guys,

This is the first time I've posted in the astrology forum, previously I've spent more time in the tarot sections :)

I was reading a copy of John Frawley's The Real Astrology recently and saw some mention of being born close to eclipses.

What is the significance of being born close to or during a lunar eclipse ? I found that I was born about 31 hours before a total lunar eclipse.

Thanks in advance !

Minderwiz

Kangourou said:
Hey guys,

This is the first time I've posted in the astrology forum, previously I've spent more time in the tarot sections :)

Welcome to the forum!!!

Kangourou said:
I was reading a copy of John Frawley's The Real Astrology recently and saw some mention of being born close to eclipses.

What is the significance of being born close to or during a lunar eclipse ? I found that I was born about 31 hours before a total lunar eclipse.

Thanks in advance !

I had a thumb through my copy of The Real Astrology and (admittedly on a fast scan) the reference seems to be in his chapter on Mundane Astrology. Because it's important to understand his point, I'll quote him extensively, so please bear with me. He says:

'...No matter what the possibilities are in my chart, much of what happens to me is determined at a higher level [the Mundane level] I may have the capacity to be the geatest general of all times' I may join the army and work my way to the top but if the larger cycles fail to provide me with a war to fight I shall not be remembered in history'

And continues

'There will be many people of similar qualities: one catches the wave [the spirit of the age] while others do not.This ability.....will be shown by the connections between the person's nativity and the lunation or eclipse immediately before or after the birth.'

In summary, whether a person achieves fame or not will be indicated by the relationships between their nativity and the preceding or following lunation/eclipse - that is New Moon or Full Moon - the one immediately before (if that is nearer in time) or the one immediately afterwards (if that is nearer). Note that he doesn't actually confine his point to eclipses, he's including any lunation. Moreover that lunation doesn't have to be very close to the birth. it could be up to 14 days prior or subsequent to the birth.

He's basing his argument on a well established Astrological tradition that lunations (especially eclipses) are important at a mundane (literally world) level and indicate significant national and international events or changes in trends. Lunations are not the only important mundane indicator, there are others, of which the Jupiter/Saturn cycle is the most well known.

So we have to assess two at two levels:

Firstly at the national level - we'd look at where in the national chart the lunation occured and whether it has special importance or not, So you would start out looking at the lunation immediately following your birth (31 hours later) and where it came in the Swiss national chart - either the very first confederacy of 1291 or the date of the current constitution of 1848 - to assess it's importance to Switzerland.

Secondly you would try to assess how well you're own natal chart dovetailed into the situation described at a mundane level and thus your opportunities for success.

Now this approach is a very traditional one, the only times that we might look ONLY at your natal chart in relation to the eclipse, would be if it fell immediately (within 1 degree) on one of the angles, or conjunct or in opposition to the Sun or Moon Sadly that would not apply to your natal chart as in 31 hours the Sun will have moved by more than 1 degree However you might find some modern Astrologers who are prepared to give greater orbs than 1 degree. There is some discussion as to whether eclipses that are 'below the Earth' (that is occur after sunset) are to be considered but it is reasonably well accepted that eclipses that are visible, are more important than those which are not.

Sorry to be a bit long winded, but this question is one of the more popular ones that gets asked regularly, so I think it helps to have a full length answer that can be referred to by others.