Jupiter Returns

214red

Hi
I was having a peek at my solar return as my birthday is coming up, and someone mentioned jupiter returning (its my 35th coming up).

Who has been through the jupiter return 35+ years old, and how did they feel, what happened etc, i would love to hear what people say about their experiences. I do remember my 24th year was a pivotal year, i decided to change my life, but it didnt properly manifest for a couple if years, but i can pin point at that point i knew i wanted to find my 'calling', now i have it, i am curious about the next return.

thanks in advance

FaireMaiden

Well, unlike all the books that say Jupiter is Mr. Wonderful, for me, Jupiter Returns suck, *lol*.

Natally, I have Jupiter angular, Rx, and inconjunct Saturn... so... there ya go. That pretty much sums up every Jupiter Return I've ever experienced. If you want a laundry-list of all the life-changing disasters I've gone thru at these times, let me know, *lol*.

Minderwiz

Well, unlike all the books that say Jupiter is Mr. Wonderful, for me, Jupiter Returns suck, *lol*.

Natally, I have Jupiter angular, Rx, and inconjunct Saturn... so... there ya go. That pretty much sums up every Jupiter Return I've ever experienced. If you want a laundry-list of all the life-changing disasters I've gone thru at these times, let me know, *lol*.

Jupiter might be naturally the greater benefic, but individually Jupiter can be quite malevolent. Much depends on where Jupiter is in your chart and it's condition and role. I have Jupiter in the fourth, though 20 degrees from the IC and just two minutes from being in dignity in Sagittarius - so near, so far LOL. Jupiter is also something of a mixed blessing through house rulerships - Lord 5, so rules fun and children but also Lord 8, which is not good.

You could try doing a chart for the return (though be careful to check whether there are two or three returns close together, if Jupiter turns retrograde in the vicinity of it's natal position. Also if you do a return chart, it's a chart for the coming Jupiter cycle, not simply the current transit.

I've not noticed major changes in direction early in the cycle, apart from the first two and the current one - the middle two appear a bit muted, though if I stretch the beginning of change to around three years into the cycle then the last one also had change (not good change)

dadsnook2000

Jupiter has strange qualities

A Jupiter return chart will always involve any natal patterns which Jupiter is a part of. If any other planet in that Jupiter-natal-pattern is also angular in the return chart, then the natal pattern is likely to play out in a highly significant way.

Jupiter is not always luck and bountiful happenings. In addition to social expansion, it can also represent "expectations" --- and we know how easily and often our expectations are dashed by others. A social or business connection has to be a "win-win" for all parties. If one overreaches and asks for too much, then Jupiter can be a big disappointment. In this sense Jupiter is not personal so much as being inclusive of others. I would venture to say that if Jupiter is not good for all then it will not likely be good for just you.

Other than this, Jupiter's usual keywords are all appropriate. Dave

Ronia

Mine ended just a couple of months ago, less than two months actually. To me Jupiter returns have been always very nice. When I was 12 I travelled a lot, dream year. When I was 24 I started my career, got back a desired relationship, overall a highly successful year with influence in the future. This one, however, was opposed by Saturn in the 8th and it marked the end of my divorce, moving alone with my child, struggling financially, etc. Still, I felt I went through all of it in an easier way than I usually would being a very emotional person. I know how I would react normally and now I just felt a boost in confidence, despite all that was crashing around me, I kept believing in myself. So, I can't say it didn't help.

I have it natally in the 3rd (on the cusp with the 2nd), beginning of Aries, conjunct Chiron, opposite Pluto and Mercury, square the Ascendant and Moon, inconjunct Venus, trine Neptune. Seems like not the most nicely situated Jupiter but it has done a good job.

214red

Thanks Ronia, i think my 35-6th year will be the best yet!