Planets at the end of a house...

Minderwiz

I have an older book on astrology, and the description of Saturn in the 12th House was a bit scary (lets say the words "mental institution" and "hidden enemies" came up way too often), LOL! I actually own it because the dramatic descriptions make me grin, but the poor Saturn has been considered a villain for many years, hasn't he? ;)

Well Saturn is never easy but success usually requires some discipline and application as well as talent and without Saturn you would not get it. Actually in Traditional Astrology (up to the eighteenth century) Saturn in the twelfth was actually quite good - in that he's kept nicely out of the way of the main areas of life (though obviously aspects can modify that)

Marina said:
Oh boy, now that's sounds complicated! :bugeyed:
I know that some people use this idea of decans with tarot too... I'll have to find more information on it! Thanks for the basic explanation though, I wouldn't have knows where to begin!

To be honest, I'd put them on one side until you feel happy with all the rest. They can add some useful information but they will not give you the key stuff, all they will do as give a little more colour.

Marina said:
I'm not very acquainted with Vedic astrology, because we lack material about it here where I live. But I'm curious now and I'll do so research about it, even if just for the sake of learning and broadening my horizons! :)

There's an awful lot to Vedic Astrology - to over simplify, it's basically the system of Astrology that originated in India, though with a large cross fusion with Hellenistic Astrology through the conquests of Alexander the Great. It's closely related to Hinduism and if you are interested in Indian philosophy and beliefs, then you will find it very interesting. However don't try to learn both Western Astrology and Vedic Astrology at the same time - you'll get hopelessly confused. Do some background reading and then make your choice of which you will concentrate on based on your own interests and outlook.

(quote=Marina]
I was going to give my detailed information for you to check, but I see Minderwitz already did the test, lol! :D There is so much in astrology that I wonder if I'll ever be able to learn it all (or at least all the basic stuff in a chart, which is already a LOT in itself!).[/QUOTE]

Well I did an approximation based on the last time Saturn was in Sagittarius at that degree (which ties in with your given age) and used Brasilia as it's the capital of Brazil to approximate the location. Now Brazil is a very big country, so I'm in no way claiming it as accurate but it's a very good approximation (unless you were born in Europe and emigrated LOL)

As a beginner, keep to the basics - get familiar with planets, signs and houses and use those together with major aspects. Once you know what you are doing you can start to add the bells and whistles if you feel the need. But often trying to use a whole battery of techniques leaves you not seeing the wood for the trees. The basics will show you the wood and then you can add in the bells and whistles to get some idea of the trees that make up the wood.

Libra8ca

That's a very interesting point! So much so that I reached immediately for Solar Fire to check. From the quoted position and using Marina's profile, I cast a chart for the date and approximate place and time.

The answer depends on which ayanamsa you use!

That sounds like Saturn is also borderline between the 12th and the 1st house in the Vedic chart. I was hoping that the position would be clear.

My planets are in the same houses regardless of the ayanamsa used.