A Spread For A Memory Of A Loved One

susan0601

This maybe on the forum, but I wanted to know if anyone could suggest a spread for someone who has passed away? My mother in-law, who I loved very much passed away 11 years ago this January 7, and I wanted to know if there were any spreads that conveys that energy of her spirit or some type of celebration and Thanksgiving of her life, and what she meant to me. Thanks for any suggestions. Happy New Year! Susan

Teheuti

susan0601 said:
This maybe on the forum, but I wanted to know if anyone could suggest a spread for someone who has passed away? My mother in-law, who I loved very much passed away 11 years ago this January 7, and I wanted to know if there were any spreads that conveys that energy of her spirit or some type of celebration and Thanksgiving of her life, and what she meant to me. Thanks for any suggestions. Happy New Year! Susan
You could simply take the things you expressed above and turn them into spread positions:
• The energy of her spirit.
• How I can celebrate her life right now.
• What I am most thankful for in having known her.
• What knowing her has meant to me.
and, perhaps, something like
• What do I need to release or let go of, in her honor.

A whole different approach is to take the deck face up and consciously choose cards that best represent the above things. Lay them out in a mandala - possibly with her picture in the center and a candle lit. Send these thoughts/images to her as your prayer of remembrance, along with a breath or sound.

susan0601

Memory Of Loved One

Thanks so much for the suggestion. I will use it. Susan

LostEvi

very nice idea