For fake tarot readers?

arya ishtar

Anyone seen this? http://www.deceptionary.com/tutor-tarot.html

Sez "for the mystery entertainer...", so think is for gypsy fortune tellers who do bachelorette parties, but is great practice when i can't pull out my deck.

The name is offensive, but the tool is useful...

Zelmira

Interesting site, specially for practicing. Thanks for sharing.
Zelmira

Mystic Zyl

looks like nonsense...sorry, the cards that were given and the interpretation were wrong, i tried 3 times.....

tarotbear

Interpretation? Where? All I get is a poorly-worded description of the Querent, and repeating cards when I hit 'Next'. (and an ad for mens underwear ....)

kalliope

I think people may be misunderstanding the site. You're supposed to pretend that these are three card draws that you get for a random client. Since this is for "entertainers," they describe that client's appearance and speech patterns so the reader could assume certain things about them when doing the reading.

There are no interpretations given -- that's what you're supposed to do. When it states the subject of their question, that is what this imaginary client asks about. Then you're to practice reading the three cards to answer that question.

Seraphina

Interesting...

Ive just taken a look at this and whilst it may seem whimsical, i think its kinda useful in a way... There's not a defined question as such, abit vague but its fun.. I got a fresh set of 3 cards and discription of the querent and a basic question each time i hit the next button... No advert for mens underwear though! lol

tarotbear

I think that is what is missing - there should be a generated question for you to apply those 3 cards to ... 3 general cards with no connection but nothing to be specific are just three cards - should they be read as Past-Present-Future? If you took those same 3 nebulous cards and had to apply them to the description of the Querent who also wants to know 'Where is my alimony payment?' - that would really be a creative exercise.

kalliope

Well, they do say, "her question concerns an employment issue," but I agree that is too vague. If they'd say, "she would like to know how her chances for a promotion are shaping up," that would be better!

Although, the vague subject areas are kind of like the querents who want general readings, right? Or, general "life area" readings: "Tell me about my love life." I suppose you could see it as practice for them.

I guess they leave the positions up to you so you can practice what's most useful to your reading style. That way you can use whatever is your favorite or what you'd like to try as a challenge: PPF, non-positional, Do/Don't do/Advice, etc...

willowfox

It is intended for study purposes, enabling tarot readers to practice giving short readings for a variety of situations. The three cards can be considered as aspects of the past, present, and future, or simply an interrelated group pertaining to the subject at hand.

To generate a new querent and tarot card spread, click the “another reading” button.

***For study purposes.

Seraphina

I reckon its quite good as a practice exercise.. I think you could read the 3 cards any way you choose, even freestyle.. and in your own mind take that vaguish question and build on it.. the options are endless really, all good fun and some learning along the way, yeah, i like it!