Top 10 Books for a Well-Rounded Tarot Library

Nina*

Definitely Tarosophy by Marcus Katz.

Also Tarot for Yourself by Mary Greer.

SarahJoy

I've updated the "master list" to reflect the recent replies. Thank you, thank you, everyone who has replied to this thread!

It doesn't matter if a book has been mentioned already -- the more times it's recommended, the better "Top Ten Books for a Well-Rounded Library" list we'll have. <3

annika334

78 Degrees of Wisdom by Rachel Pollack
Thirteen Tarot Meanings
Easy Tarot Guide by Marcia Masino
Tarot Masterclass by Paul Fenton-Smith

inhalexhale

Hmm, I'll have to really think about a top 10 but the first few that come to mind (and that are apparently well liked by others!) are 78 Degrees of Wisdom by Rachel Pollack, Tarot 101 by Kim Huggens and Tarot For Life by Paul Quinn.

PrairieRose

Tarot as a story

i love Thirteen's Tarot Meanings ebook because it talks about the trumps in terms of the fool's journey, and then makes clear links between tarot numerology in the minor cards and suit "energy." I keep going back to that one.

Also Understanding Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot by Lon Milo Duquette. Lots of fascinating stuff there.

Any recommendations of other books that talk about tarot as a story? That really appeals to me and makes it easiest to recall or understand the meanings. Also, how about the court cards? I find them more challenging than the rest of the cards?

Celtictarot

I like Tarot: The everyday Guide by Janina Renee. It has three different decks of the same card which can be a handy tool.

omshanti72

My all time favourite Tarot book that I always recommend for my students is Tarot Plain and Simple by Anthony Louis - such a good all rounder and covers all the bases.

Tarot Tells the Tale is also a personal fave.

Tarot Awareness/Sterling and Tarot Journeys/Galenorn are both really interesting reads.

MountainGirl

My top 3 are

78 Degrees of Wisdom - Rachel Pollack
Around the Tarot in 78 Days- Marcus Katz/Tali Goodwin
Tarot Reversals - Mary Greer

Bright Blessings,
MountainGirl

Aina

God I don't even own a tarot book! I'll have to save for a month to get one.
I am just using free resources available online such as learntarot.com, Wikipedia, other tarot blogs, just watch other people talk about tarot on YouTube, free android apps, card deck companions, such as:

Druid Craft book (love that book!!!)
Sacred Indian Tarot (a lot more than LWB)
Legacy of the Divine Tarot companion book
Minchiate LWB
---
The Only Tarot Book You'll Ever Need: Interpret the Cards That Hold Your Future (Paperback) by Skye Alexander
Soraya Tarot (It's more a book of meanings with a good intro)

So bits and pieces of info. I really want to get some books by J. Bunning and M. K. Greer. My next goal.

SarahJoy

The compiled list (at the start of the thread) has been updated, as of this post. :)

God I don't even own a tarot book!
Let's try to keep this thread on-topic.