Any inspirational Tarot deck handbooks?

wooden-eye

I self-published Bonefire Tarot earlier this year and have began writing an accompanying guidebook to the deck.
It is skipping along really well. I have rediscovered my mislaid voice; perhaps it is little juicy.
I could be persuaded to reign it in. Bonefire does not wish to be let down or shamed, by my ill-considered actions.
If the book is too dry (many are a bit) and I am merely expanding the LWB; I will be bored so readers might be too.
Are there any really great ones? The book will not be supplied with the deck so it has to justify itself.
Any thoughts?

BodhiSeed

When I buy a companion book, I like it to have more than just traditional meanings in it. It's nice to have commentary about the cards in the artist's particular deck - the story and symbols in each card, and what they mean beyond the usual keywords. I haven't looked at it in a while, but I think the Fey Tarot companion book did this well.
ETA: I'm using the Druidcraft this week, and it has a nice companion book too.

SarahJoy

When I buy a companion book, I like it to have more than just traditional meanings in it. It's nice to have commentary about the cards in the artist's particular deck - the story and symbols in each card, and what they mean beyond the usual keywords.
This.

For your deck specifically, I'd like to know more about your symbolism -- for example, I know the plants are significant, but I'm not great at plant identification or symbolic meanings. Why the bulldogs on the Chariot? What is the purple Y on Temperance? What inspired you to use a lemonade stand in the Page of Coins (a brilliant idea)?

While I don't have it (yet), I understand the Silicon Dawn companion book is a spicy, entertaining read. I'm also looking forward to the Tarot of the Absurd companion book (still in progress), which may have a non-traditional structure:
http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=199183
http://barefootfool.com/tag/journal/
And your lwb is possibly my favorite, because it's written with such a personal voice.

Zephyros

The Sakki-Sakki companion book is among the best I've seen. It explains everything I could ever want a companion book to explain. It goes into the cards, symbolism and colors, but more importantly goes into the creative process of the cards. The artist tells how she did the cards, what was going on in her life at the time that affected them, the emotions doing them evoked. It feels like she's sitting right next to you and you're having a conversation about them.

wooden-eye

Wonderful tips! Thank you so much.
I am left feeling so encouraged; that which feels appropriate can only be right.
BodhiSeed and SarahJoy, it is strange how well you seem to know me. I think Bonefire has been telling tales. Those links are exactly right, it is like getting one's artistic license returned.
As I shift from the visual to the written, I feel on rather shakier ground. My quality control department is not yet established and as a self-publisher, it may never be that efficient.
Closrapexa, I will see what I can do about the Sakki Sakki deck and book. Among my earliest hopes for the book were that it should be a fire-side chat warming and enlightening, with truths shared between trusted friends.
I was writing again last night, all felt quite effortless; I happened to stay up very late, this is generally a good sign.