Rassouli's Rumi Oracle vs his Journey of Love Oracle

Dee Ell

I've had the JoL oracle on my wishlist since before it came out but just saw that he also made a Rumi oracle since then.

I'm wondering if anyone has (or has looked at in person) these decks and what your preference was and why?

Michellehihi

I have the journey of love, the drawings are gorgeous, the companion book contains beautiful poems and messages, but somehow I don't find it really helpful. It is not very practical...

Citrin

I have both and I tend to use the Rumi Oracle more. It feels like it has a deeper, more subtle, mysterious vibe that really attracts me. I've done beautiful one card or three card readings with it, I'm often sparse with words when journaling but this deck makes me just write, write, write! I love the poetry in the guidebook. :) Though Alana gets a bit repetetitive and rambly in it otherwise... Some of the card titles are a little hard for me to understand sometimes, but I mainly go with the artwork anyway so it doesn't matter.

While I do like the Journey of Love I need to explore it more to have much to say about it really. :) It is lovely though!

Dee Ell

Citrin - thank you for the perspective on both decks. I'm curious since you have both decks if you can tell me how many black and white cards are in each deck, if you're willing to count them? And do both decks have "geometric" cards? (someone mentioned in another thread that JoL has both).

I'm just curious how many are like the ones in all of the sample pics (flowing, organic) vs a totally different aesthetic in each deck...