The 'Shabby Chicness Lenormand' deck...is finished and available...

tarotlyn

:heart::) Hi! Everyone!

i just can't hold it in any longer...i have begun work on my new 'Shabby Chic Lenormand' deck :heart: :party:

Yes, i know i am still making the 'Aye Chihuahua Tarot' deck...BUT i am so drawn to do BOTH at the SAME time! :bugeyed:

So, i will be working on one deck one day, and the other, the next...:laugh:

Below (image links) you can see my first card: The '9. Flowers card'...it will need a little
more work...as i am still in the process of trying different options for the 'front' background :bugeyed:
Do you think this 'front' background is too cluttered? Let me know, please what you think...

The back image will be the one shown with the white lace.

i have decided not to post all 36 cards in this thread...but will leave some cards for a surprise
in case you decide you want to get this deck :p

But i will be posting in the thread as i go...updating, as well as showing you an image
here and there (when i need help)...

My sis, :heart: MoonGypsy is also going to be discussing these cards privately with me
as she loves the 'Shabby Chic' style. Plus she is my SIS! Bless her heart! :love:
But, everyone is welcome to critique the problem cards i will be posting.
Oh, and i want to keep this a loving, peaceful, and friendly thread please :heart:

...i just couldn't wait to share my excitement over this... my 1st Lennie deck

ETA: Just in case:
My 'Shabby Chic Lenormand' is not going to be the same as the Lilac Twilight deck.'
The font is different, the settings are different, the images are totally different, the coloring
is absolutely different.

:):party::heart:

:heart: HUGS
Lyn
...now back to the Chi deck...

Here is my first post...sample with the BACK image i will be using ... do you like? If not, why not?

Attachments

• Sample.with.BACKS.jpg
    Sample.with.BACKS.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 692

Bluefeet

Well done tarotlyn! The flower card looks very pretty and balanced, I like the font you have chosen too!

So the image on the left is going to be on card backs?

tarotlyn

Well done tarotlyn! The flower card looks very pretty and balanced, I like the font you have chosen too!

So the image on the left is going to be on card backs?
:heart: Hi! Iris! It is so nice to have you join in already! :):thumbsup:
i hope you will keep coming back and posting your thoughts.

Yes, the white lace with the pink 'pillow' girl will be the back image for all of the cards.
But i will make a 'different' girl (woman) for the 36 cards.

Not sure yet about the front background though...i think i will have to do a couple more of
the cards to be sure this one isn't too over the top :bugeyed: :p the jury is still out on that one :bugeyed:

Iris, thank you so much for your early comments :heart: ...it let's me know that i am on the right track...
Lyn

starlightexp

Looks to be a sweet deck, Very much modeled off the font and set up of the Lilac Twilight if I'm not mistaken.

One hint you might see if you can get the water in the vase to somehow fit in with the darker tone of the shadow of the chair. I know I know Photoshop Police here

Priestess

Yes I agree with starlightexpress, they are very much like the Lilac Twilight. Oh the Lilac Twilight is sooo very beautiful.

tarotlyn

Looks to be a sweet deck, Very much modeled off the font and set up of the Lilac Twilight if I'm not mistaken.

One hint you might see if you can get the water in the vase to somehow fit in with the darker tone of the shadow of the chair. I know I know Photoshop Police here
:heart:starlight exp, thank you for your nice comment and for joining in and your critique is very welcome as i believe that
you are a fantastic artist :):thumbsup: i do love your attention to details like this.

ETA: Congratulations! Edmond, on the release of your new 'The Day of the Dead' Lenormand deck!:):thumbsup:
You put a LOT of work into your deck. Very nice. Also i enjoyed watching your youtube videos. :heart:

:arrow: Re: NO...my new 'Shabby Chic Lenormand' deck is not and will not be modeled after the Lilac Twilight Lenormand deck.

i don't know what font the Lilac deck used, but i am using the 'same exact' font i have been using for my Aye Chihuahua deck.
i just like it so much :) i just looked at my Lilac and it it not the same font at all.

As far as being exactly like the Lilac...i wish i could do one as beautiful as that! The Lilac is
all in purples, pink, and mostly lilacs...this one will be in many different colors...no one particular color.
As far as the style, i think mine will be more 'shabby' as you can see with my 23. Mice card below...

Oh, BTW, i didn't realize that the Lilac was a 'Shabby Chic' deck? i just looked and the really
only 'Shabby Chic' cards that could be are her 9. Flowers card with a brown wicker chair...
i plan on using a LOT of 'white' wicker in my deck (although some brown) as well as other
Shabby chic furniture and background settings, i am also using a cabbage flower 'front' background on each card.
Her other card that could be considered to be close to Shabby Chic is the 29. Lady card...
and to me she looks like she is from a Kentucky Derby race track...afternoon tea party...maybe
it is the dress and the hat. Maybe she is Shabby Chic but i don't know for sure. Of course
the flowers are 'lilac' and those are plentiful in the Shabby Chic world. i imagine that i will
even use some lilacs flowers somewhere in this deck, but i am not copying the Lilac Twilight deck.

Be sure to check out my 23. Mice card below. Oh, and i will think about how i can try to
fix the flower bowl water...you are so right with that :* ...thank you so much for your critique :heart:
i do appreciate that.

Yes I agree with starlightexpress, they are very much like the Lilac Twilight. Oh the Lilac Twilight is sooo very beautiful.
i would be so lucky if this deck was like the Lilac... i do not plan on copying her but finding
what looks and works best for me. Really, i am going full blast 'Shabby Chic'...you know the
white grunge furniture, lace, flowers, pink, etc... This was only the first card... my flowers
are on a chair with ivy behind, i think the Lilac Twilight deck flowers are on a table and are lilacs...mine
are mixed flowers...

Anyway, :heart: Priestess, thank you so much for joining in, and thank you for your compliments...
i so love the Lilac as well... but mine will be quite different.

:heart:@ everyone: (ETA: Note: sorry this card is so graphic, but mice do damage...hope i don't
cause anyone to have any nightmares with this one :bugeyed:...and there is still the 'snake' card to do...YIKES)

Here is my 23. MICE card...
(yes quite different than the Lilac...don't you think?)

Attachments

• 23.MICE.jpg
    23.MICE.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 480

tarotlyn

12. Birds

:heart::) i just realized that not everyone is going to like me or my work...but you know, that is okay because i DO! :heart:

Where i live, all around my house, everyday i see these beautiful very striking blue birds...
and they are just chattering and chattering and flittering all around my yard and house...even
looking in my windows sometimes...LOL (i am a blue bird magnet! :laugh:) and i never get tired
of looking at their magnificent beauty.

They look just like these in my 12. Birds card...here it is: hope you like it too!

Lyn

ETA...REPLACED THIS IMAGE WITH MY FINISHED BIRD CARD...

Attachments

• 12.BIRDS.jpg
    12.BIRDS.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 469

tarotlyn

36. Cross

:heart::) i just finished the 36. Cross card...Shabby chic!

here it is...

:heart: Lyn (4am almost :bugeyed:) time to rest...

ETA...REPLACED THIS IMAGE WITH A FINISHED CARD THAT WILL BE IN THIS DECK...

Attachments

• 36.CROSS.1.jpg
    36.CROSS.1.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 462

MoonGypsy

Really love both the birds and the cross! :thumbsup::love: Blue Birds are so breath taking--the color is so rich!

Bluefeet

I really love the birds card! Beautiful plumage, I've never seen such lovely birds in real life. :love: