New book ~ Secret Language of the Tarot.....opinions?

mac22

missy_ said:
Thanks, Mac22. :) As far as my question about my eyes glazing over with advanced books and advanced concepts ... do you think the symbolism discussion will be too much for someone like me, or do the Amberstones keep it down-to-earth? Is this practical symbolism I can use? Thanks again for your input.

As to the correspondence course, is it reasonably priced? If so, I may have to add it to my wishlist!

It's Chapters are designed in groups... and then is sorta dictionary style and has a complete index...:))

The course price is reasonable for what you get IMHO...:)

Mac22

missy

Thanks! I appreciate it. Glad to hear it is accessible and plain-spoken for beginners. I will add this book to my Amazon wish list and look for it on eBay as well. :)

Teheuti

missy_ said:
do you think the symbolism discussion will be too much for someone like me, or do the Amberstones keep it down-to-earth? Is this practical symbolism I can use?
I'd say it is both practical AND goes way beyond that. W&RA are always pointing beyond the practical and, at times, wax lyrical about the deeper sense of the symbolism that can only be experienced. It may take some time to "get" what they are referring to in those cases. But, everything is grounded in a practical level that is easily accessible. It's a book you can grow with.

Mary

mac22

Teheuti said:
I'd say it is both practical AND goes way beyond that. W&RA are always pointing beyond the practical and, at times, wax lyrical about the deeper sense of the symbolism that can only be experienced. It may take some time to "get" what they are referring to in those cases. But, everything is grounded in a practical level that is easily accessible. It's a book you can grow with.

Mary

Taking the symbols from the intellectual to the practical experiential IS what it's all about -- Is it not?:)

Mac22

Teheuti

Mac - where did your signature quote from Waite come from: "The hare lives in the earth, and is an archetypal guide to the underworld of the unconscious."

Mary

mac22

Teheuti said:
Mac - where did your signature quote from Waite come from: "The hare lives in the earth, and is an archetypal guide to the underworld of the unconscious."

Mary

Er, um well after rechecking it's not from Arthur.... sorry

Mac22

Marchal

I started reading quite enthusiastically, but in the long run the book is a bit unstructured in my view. Information is a bit scattered and I would have liked to get more basis for some claims (although they are certainly founded). Maybe I am missing my own better foundation and experience - I was reminded of the Tarot Tips where things are lying around a bit, as well - although I liked the format of the Tarot Tips even better.
Just my 2 cents :)

mystere2e

Love this book, but...

I too own this book and I love the idea of it.

My main concern is the illustrations. They show the cards greyed out save for the symbol in question which is shown in a darker outline. I think it would be helpful to go through with a higlighter or colored pencil and fill in the symbols because the B&W printing job doesn't do it clearly.

Other than that I think this is a great innovative book.