Really need a spread please

SkadisPhoenix

Some background: nearly 10 years ago, one of my close friends was stabbed to death with a kitchen knife in London. She was 13, I was 14. Since then I have had an extreme phobia of knives. Not eating knives, that you have for mealtime, but kitchen knives, any blades bigger than that.

Cut to today. There is virtually no space to move in this room, because it's too hot for M to do anything, I have a bad back and chronic fatigue. I'll end up having to start it anyway, because of how M is. He had balanced a glass chopping board on the side, and I'd not noticed a sharp knife on the board, it was behind the butter and cheese. However, he then moved them, and in the process of that, the knife became visible, and started sliding off the board. As calmly as I could, I asked him to move it, and he had a go at me, explaining that it was something I need to get over.

Which I agree with, but I have no idea HOW to start with it, I've tried so hard to do it, but with no success. Yet I quit smoking cold turkey. I just get so panicky, one girl had to deal with me panicking for about twenty minutes, after her then housemate reached behind me and whipped a carving knife over my head, then started waving it around me.

So if anybody has got to the end of this rabbling explaination, I would REALLY appreciate some advice for a spread, or a link to a good spread to use, because I'm getting desperate now. :-(

Dogmother

Odd. I was just in the search feature seeking a spread to help me release anger (before I pop someone!) and found this thread for a "Letting it Go" spread. Maybe that would work for you too. I'm anxious to try it at home tonight.

Good luck and shame on the numbnuts who was waving a knife around you!

SkadisPhoenix

Dogmother, thank you! :D

Luckily for me, I only knew the knife wearing turd through my friend, haven't seen him since my friend moved back home from uni.