jungian tarot emperess thread.

HOLMES

for any who wish to provide feedback on the emperess card, or the medition . or who has the jungian tarot and wishes to share their own insights either inuitively , or from a differnt psycology view or from their own meditions :O)

HOLMES

the emperess,
the mother

i won't type the passage word per word but instead take the main points and possibly try to expand what it means to me.

describin the card
she is sitting on a throne among garden variety plants, with an serene expression. she is the kind gentle mother. she holds the cups of emotions/love , which is receptive to the universe
"we understand that in the most abstact sense she is the cup"
behind the emperess is a lake of purity and symbolizing her time as the virginal high priestress.
in the lake swims a deadly serpent which represents the dark female energies that are possible amidst the purity. the serpent can not live without the purity of the lake and is the serpent really deadly or just misunderstood ?
the dove is venus, an aspect of the mother, who is the goddess of love.
the cave symbolizes a connection to the underworld as mother earth, it says she is the ruler of the underworld for that is the realm of mother earth. it is the "chtonic "realm

my own symbology ,
she is wearing white, the symbol of purity and higher thought. the throne is lined with red, symbolizing a groundness.
the snake to me respresents the kundaline of the goddess. i wonder what is the other side of the lake ? michael row your boat ashore,
the necklace has a cystal i can't define crossing her heart center , it not only protects the heart but also amplifies the heart energy to the children. the manda is full of blue which is peace, and white , purity, green the colour of heart charka, and in it a cross
which is the symbol of christian, but before was a symbol of earth and heavens crossing. one sees the sun, the moon crescent and the cross above her throne respresenting all these qualities are represented in the mother meaning she is who we make it .
as an emperess she represents the mother nature well, being among the foliage, in connection with the depths of earth .

book exploring it further
she is an extension to the anima by being the nurturer
jung spent considerable time between archetypal son and archetypal mother, it is a relationship that must be understood at many levels.
the male and female by interacting produce the son (and i say the daughter )
therefore becomign the mother and the father (reversed or not , depends on their nature )
the ideal son should be the perfected self being a perfect balane of their opposites.
an encounter with the mother card is direct and emotional especially when we consider our connection to our actual mothers, the relationship , and all the hardships we endured
(remember she did the best she can as that is true of us all )

"it is only by unearthing those unconscious materials relating to our interaction with mother (both good and bad) and by evaluting them honesty that we can begin to arrive at insights into the mysteries of "mother" which has been historically shrouded in the most crytpic language and symbols. "
we move from our conversations with mother to unversal mother of mythologies , this happesn in meditions

yet as we know that (me here thinking ) no son is perfected as the parents are never in pefect balance.
yet i would consider it the good son compared to the perfected self of the parents.

looking at the mother , i can only think of goddess being the harmonziing opposite of the godhead

HOLMES

the mother medition
the cup which i hold represents me being receptive to the fource of the universe, the sun gives me light, love and life but i direct that light and love and life to flow where is best upon the globe.
in you i too am that female receptive vechile yet i am can direct the flow of the energies i recieve accordingly to the capabilities fo the individual.
that is for you to active that emperess within you to see where naturally and logically is best to direct the love and light you recieve from the sun or the source in your life.

the necklace you see does not fall upon my heart but my will center as to protect it , to amplifly the energies, and to purfiy it .
my will as the earth mother can not be changed according to the whims of men, yet according to the laws of nature put forth if they are follow , the wills can be directed with a purity of intention.

i sit grounded upon the throne lined with red to show i know my best aspect, i have found my power, in order to recieve from the source fully one must be grounded as a mountain, and open as a cup to recieve without blockage.

within me the colour becomes a majestic colour to represent what should be strive for as your foundation know that to live from a weak foundation, a watered out colour is to be weak and not able to function properly upon the earth plane.

i sit in the collours of white , which is to say i am connected to life through purifying my waters, and keeping my skies clean , when you poision your enviroemnt you are poisoning yourself as well.
it is up to you to decied to clear your waste products and how best to use them in order to produce energy.
i will take them for now as a mother who takes away and clean one room yet evetnually as man must you will learn to clean your own room and organize your life.

i am sitting here surrounded by vegataion it is my message to you that it is the strong power of the earth and that one can learn much form the plants of the word and realize that likelife it self. all plants are not kind, but they serve a purpose.
a plant that could kill used strongly as a poison is a message of severity. instead refer to kindness and that plant could be used to heal instead.

yet like life there is some plants which could be not digest no mattter how kindly they are approached, it is true of forces in life.

the serpant you see behind is the kundaline it is true , yet it is a purer kundaline for it flows fromt he pure water which is my life blood of the globe. when you drink me you drink my essence and are more receptive to the enrgies of the goddess.

the serpent however if taking in impure water can be changed accordingly and become what other deemed evil, whic i sjust misunderstood for he is suffering from pain and blockages and so that is why his rage which is built of energy is felt by those who do so .

the clouds are nto clear, it is a reeminder that every day can not be a sunny day but the rains and the thunder and the lighting serve their purpose and know that as the winds blow you will act accordinly to your nture. od you bend like the leaf of a plant or do you stand strong like a tree.
regarding standing strong as a tree, eventually he foundation will whiter from too much stagnation which is called age and you will fall to the winds , accept that as part of my laws.

the dove is me, a sign of my connection and aspesect of the source, we are male and famle i am the rectpive yet just as strong harmonzing force to the father image of the source.

and then the underground passage which is the way to the underworld , it ca only be explored by those who are willingly to do so and are open for it is only the opned minded and the open hearted who will achieve the best benefits of travelign inward to yourself and the inner planes of earth to find wisdom , which is simple and true as the universal laws of the universe.

how are you ?
as the goddess aspects i am hidden form most for they need the father image still in their lives, the judgment the fear, for it is those things that keep them in line , from falling into the paths fo darkness that they are so close to ,
the father image doens't judge truly , it is yourself to judge and yourself to blame, we can only act according to our natures, and so you shall.

jmd

In this deck, two overarching image-forms come to mind. The first is that the Major Arcana is differentiated from the minor by the images being placed within the arched dome supported by two pillars (the minors are within rectangles). The second is that the images have neither number nor name, but, in the case of the Major Arcana, each includes what has generally come to be referred to as a 'mandala'-image in the bottom section of the card.

With specific regards to the Empress, and as mentioned by Holmes, the psychological 'archetype' sought to be represented is that of the Mother. In addition to her throne - red, therefore though seated quite active - the water in the background, and the water serpent reminiscent of the Lochness monster, are quite prominent.

The depths of the feminine watery qualities are here possibly shown to be the repository of many things unseen, yet the far bank is highly organised, there the abundant number of eight cypress trees grow in a very orderly fashion.

In the foreground are the bounties of the fecund botanical kingdom. Also, what appears as a dove or wren is semi-hidden by foliage, facing an entry similar to earlier representations of a hare's burrow.

The 'mandala' is, for me, the most interesting of the sequence, for he has chosen a 3-7-12 pattern - one which those working Kabbalistically, or with Golden Dawn materials, will instantly recognise as representing the 22 letters of the Hebrew alphabet in their Mother, Double and Single arrangement.

She is clothed in white, but ornate with gold, and importantly holds that most of female symbol: the cup. Her pendant is virtually of a tear-shaped pearl seeking its home back in the comfort of the waters of the cup...

But enough for now... I have attached the image for those who may not have the deck.

and look forward to reading others.

Attachments

• iii.jpg
    iii.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 124

Moongold

Eternal Empress

I don’t have the Jungian Tarot so will use the Sephiroth. The Empress is located on Path 14 of the Tree of Life between the feminine Binah, understanding, and the masculine Chokmah, wisdom. I am new to the study of Qabalah so my understanding is embryonic. The Empress is at one of the highest levels of consciousness. How can this be when Mother is so central to meaning? A life question for my meditation.......

A doorway inscribed with all the astrological symbols frames the Sephiroth Empress; she is the Queen of Heaven. She stands in a luxurious but simple setting of lotus plants against a blue sky holding crescent Moons. She wears the crown of Demeter and holds an ankh symbol. Her beautiful flowing robe becomes the pool of the waters of life. The lotus plants remind us of Persephone, her daughter. Persephone, to me, represents all women.

The story of Demeter and Persephone and the Great Mother’s grief at the abduction of her daughter is one of the most poignant myths in the Tarot. The yearning of Mother for lost daughter is an aching theme of humanity. I saw it in my own mother when my younger sister died 13 years ago. I felt the reverse as a child. I was Persephone, stolen metaphorically from my mother, and my childhood was one of longing for her. Ah, what profound meanings rest in this image! It is an incredible image for women

My meditation? Great Mother, you are essential for us. You lead us along the paths of feeling and ultimate knowledge. As we play in the purple and green lotus flowers, you gather us to you, sheltering us from the light of joy. Your firm hands steady us, magic with the promise of safety and love.