Sabian Symbols Study Group: Aries Degree 21 - #21

purple_scorp

tink27 said:
purple_scorp is that Muhammed Ali in your picture...the famous boxer??tink :love:
Yup....he walks like a butterfly and stings like a bee.

with love
purple_scorp

tink27

huredriel said:
Some quick thoughts:

The High Priestess and Magician walking side by side ....... both needed to create a balance ....... to create a *whole* if you look at it as 21=World ........ and the thought that comes to mind *adrenaline* ....... that kundalini energy surging through the body ...... from where we are rooted in the earth ........ to pushing us forward when the time is right.

Ohh huredriel, adrenaline!! A perfect word for this, yes it would be like the kundalini.....well said!!!

tink :love:

tink27

purple_scorp said:
Yup....he walks like a butterfly and stings like a bee.

with love
purple_scorp

I can really get a visual on this one purple_scorp!!!

purple_scorp

Hmm, actually it's floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee......

they are lyrics to a song about Ali.....I tried to google them but couldn't find them.

with love
purple_scorp

mooncat2

:) Not an easy one to work through.

Why a boxer? That was the first question I asked myself because I’m sure there’re many other occupations and sports which challenge us and help to develop our courage and strength, to stand on our own two feet.

Hands are symbolic of how we give and receive..........the active Aries ‘doing’.

In the previous beautiful symbol we discussed the loving and caring way of giving and receiving and how children portrayed this so well.

Open hand .............Open heart.

I feel a boxer was chosen for this symbol because of the hands............not only a fist but a fist covered in a large protective glove. Not too easy feeding the birds with those on!

Closed hand.............Closed heart.

As we move through life we all have our share of tough times............that is what life is about. We suffer blows and defeats , we pick ourselves up and live to fight another day but damage has been done and the affects live on in the Wounded Self. Each time we’re hurt and defeated both the hands and the heart close a little and we become wary of openly offering ourselves. Consciously we grow stronger and braver and feel more able to confront our challenges ............we can handle the queasy stomach and shaking knees as we prepare to step into the ring again. Facing the world and ready to give expression to our Self.

The protective instincts of the Wounded Self kick in....................her expectations , like a boxer, are of a fight ..........of body blows, knockouts and defeat...........of pain and suffering. She cannot stop you but she gives you a mouthguard, headgear and gloves..............she limits and restricts your self expression as a defensive measure.

She has a powerful ally................most probably that old ruler from Aries 11.......his name is Fear. Fear doesn’t fight by the rules.............he’ll fight dirty ..........pick you up by the seat of the pants and throw you out of the ring if he has a chance. The stronger he thinks you are the more devious he becomes..............subtle, his fist the iron one in a velvet glove. Gently setting those old cycle wheels in motion and then sitting back to watch you sabotage yourself.

The Wounded Self comes in many guises and works in many ways but we all have one............she/or he is a boxer................a shadow boxer. ;) and a formidable opponent.
I’m beginning to understand what embracing the shadow really means.............anger and frustration certainly don’t help. Love, understanding and patience and maybe one day she’ll fade away and the child with the open hands and heart will be free to dance into the ring.

:love:

purple_scorp

I don't see this symbol as passive.

A boxer is entering a ring. He wants to fight, otherwise he wouldn't be entering. Boxers are usually arrogant competitors. They believe they are the best and they will always win. They take delight in sharing their superiority - they announce it to the world. Really, a boxer displays most of Aries negative traits.

They are highly skilled and move with speed and agility. Everything is calculated.

Even when you look at the other points in the star:

Elven said:
Symbols of the 5 Pointed Star (72 degree apart) from Aries 21 are:
CANCER 3 ~ AN ARTIC EXPLORER LEADS A REINDEER THROUGH ICY CANYONS.

VIRGO 15 ~ A FINE LACE ORNAMENTAL HANDKERCHIEF.

SCORPIO 27 ~ A MILITARY BAND MARCHES NOISILY ON THROUGH THE CITY STREETS.

AQUARIUS 9 ~ A FLAG IS SEEN TURNING INTO AN EAGLE.
They are mostly aggressive symbols. Apart from the fine lace hanky, which, is probably depicted in this symbol by the dexterity of the boxer.

with love
purple_scorp

tink27

Hi mooncat2,

Your concept of the hands is an interesting one.

I read your thread last night, which send me searching to find a book!! I finally found it this morning! It's call Journey to Ixtlan, by Carlos Castenados.......

You have to curl your fingers gently as you walk in order to keep your attention on the trail and the surroundings. Your ordinary way of walking is debilitating and you should never carry anything in your hands. If things have to be carried one should use a knapsack or any sort of carrying net or shoulder bag. By forcing the hands into a specific position one is capable of greater stamina and greater awareness.

I've tried this and it really works! I found myself walking more upright and with more determination.

purple_scorp said:

Another quote from Journey to Ixtlan

When a man decides to do something he must go all the way, but he must take responsibility for what he does. No matter what he does, he must know first why he is doing it, and then he must proceed with his actions without having doubts or remorse about them.

In the ring, if we have remorse for the other fighter, we are done for!! As this symbol says we must take responsibility for our actions, but if there is even a smicken of doubt or Fear, we will be challenged and confronted with it.

Like purple_scorp, I've got to run but would love to discuss this with you later.

huredriel

tink27 said:
If things have to be carried one should use a knapsack or any sort of carrying net or shoulder bag.
Makes me think of the Fool setting off on a new journey and/or adventure ........ lots of adrenaline and excitement going on :)

mooncat2

Neither do I............quite the opposite. A person's true expression can be limited and restricted by overly aggressive behaviour and aggression is just as active on the internal level as it is externally.

If a person has been continually rejected......their offerings deemed not good enough.........not measuring up, there is likely to be a shadow Muhammed Ali self that says............Look at me....I am the best. A deep need to be recognised and applauded for who they are. Loved.

Unconsciously this can make the person , when stepping into the ring, see antagonism, criticism, competitiveness where there is none........will make them push too hard, try too hard.........and eventually defeat themselves.
None of this may even be apparent to anyone else............nor even themselves unless they learn to recognise it.
When a man decides to do something he must go all the way, but he must take responsibility for what he does. No matter what he does, he must know first why he is doing it, and then he must proceed with his actions without having doubts or remorse about them.
Yes...........very true.

:love: