Sabian Symbols Study Group: Leo 30 - #150

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: LEO
Degree: 30
Number: 150

Symbol: AN UNSEALED LETTER HAS VITAL AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 149.jpg
    149.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 323

tink27

My first reaction to this symbol was a mixture of feelings. Someone opened my letter….or was it I, who opened someone else’s. Do you feel despair or guilty….was it an honest error or……? There would definitely be a confrontation and hopefully an honest and open discussion. “Why don’t you tell me what happened” could be the question and to our astonishment we do, despite the guilt and the embarrassment. Our mouths open and out pours the entire tale.

This symbol is very symbolic in my life right now. What’s in that letter needs expressing, it’s something I’ve held back for a long time and needs probing and investigating. Once I’ve digested what’s in its content a new chapter in my life will begin. It will be like a new romance that will require all my focus. It holds past ambitions that have been highlighted and accepted in the present.

I’ve always felt an attraction to creative people, secretly admiring their ability to feel. I’ve always kept mine hidden, for fear if exposed would be ridiculed and criticized by others. How do I take myself seriously without becoming too serious? I haven’t an answer to that yet.

There is something of immense importance in this letter, it’s something we all possess……a natural talent that wants to be expressed. Something or someone has revealed its content and we can’t hide it anymore. It’s been opened and exposed to others and their feedback is necessary. Then there will be a need to search and connect with what’s buried deep inside. It is a time to honor and respect ourselves which in return we will receive respect from others.

Stop worrying about what others think of you. You may be a person who is afraid of your emotions because they can be intense! Some of the most popular emotional people we’ve come to know are also the most creative. Are you afraid of being hurt? Is this why you bottle up everything inside? Don’t you know that eventually others will see through your façade if you don’t open up and reveal what’s inside?

Stop procrastinating and start planning!! Cultivate an inner sense of peace and stillness and find the connection between your soul and the Divine and work towards sharing what you’ve discovered with others.

tink :love:

purple_scorp

Oh, tink....well written. I can see and feel your affinity with this topic.

It reminds me of a story, actually....a true one....one that happened to me.

I remember going through a phase in my childhood (probably around the age of 9-10) where I rushed out to the letterbox to get our family's mail. Funnily, my son is going through the same phase now. And, like an excited child, sometimes I hurriedly opened these letters, even though they were addressed to my parents. Usually they were bills for electricity and gas....nothing too exciting.

One day, I opened a letter without looking at the addressee at the front. It was a neighbour's telephone bill that had been accidently delivered to the wrong address. In my desperate hurry to beat my sisters to open the mail, I innocently ripped open the envelope, not realising my mistake.

I later confessed my error to my father, totally aware that I had done something wrong, but also very afraid of the consequences. He made me personally take the letter to my neighbour and I had to explain what had happened, apologising for my behaviour. As a 9-10 year old, I was so embarassed and scared to perform this act, that I think in the end, I just taped up the letter, and wrote an apology on the outside. Of course my father never knew I had taken that action.

I have never opened another letter since, without first looking at the addressee on the envelope.

This symbol, and your interpretation tink, reminded me that sometimes the opening of another's mail can be the result of an innocent mistake. And yet, other times, there are snoops that will steam open the envelope, just to get a look at what is inside. (My aunty told me she had done this to a letter of her ex-husbands - as she suspected he was having an affair. He was actually having an affair, though this letter turned out to be an innocent one.)

with love
purple_scorp

MCsea

Leo 30
Birthdays: August 21st-23rd
Numerology: 150
Sabian Symbol: An unsealed letter
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Confidence
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Back
Crystal Element: Atacamite
Expression: Atacamite is a vivid green, copper-rich, halide mineral. Spiritually, Atacamite promotes freedom from doubt, and facilitates friendly conversations and correspondence.
Sun Focus: You communicate from the heart with integrity and passion; others hear your truth, and you are listened to.
Affirmation: I am open, carefree, creative and honest.