21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card

Grizabella

I've had Mary Greer's books before and they've always lost me, but I just got this one in a trade and wanted to let everyone know that, even if you've not been able to "get" Mary Greer's books before, by all means try this one. I've skimmed through it and it's definitely a keeper for me. I think it will be for a lot of others who didn't take to her other books, too. Just thought I'd share my first impressions with others.

Rosanne

Lyric, I couldn't agree more. The use of this book refreshed my jaded way of learning a new deck. I have gone through the book twice with a new deck each time; I have also given this book away as gifts for friends who are starting out in Tarot. You can use it piecemeal or follow chapter by chapter- very adaptable!~Rosanne

magpie9

I think this book walks on water! :thumbsup:

Formicida

I completely agree, Lyric. Tarot for Your Self has left me cold every time I've picked it up, but this one is really great. I've been focusing elsewhere and haven't had much of a chance to work with it yet, but even on a quick read it gave me some great insights.

blackadder

I also think that this is a great book. I haven't had much opportunity to work with it, but the little I have has me impressed. I wouldn't have thought of some of the ways to read cards like she has. It has brought a bigger understanding to how I read the cards.

euripides

I just bought it today. I was at our little new-age shop and they had it - had a flick through... came across a bit about the Tower in relation to the Myth of Sisyphus (an important myth for me personally) and had to buy it. Brilliant stuff. Can't wait to dive into it.

connegrl

I'm working with this book and am really liking it alot. I also have Tarot for Yourself and am lukewarm on it. Not the case with 21 ways. I'm finding it really helpful.

Jen

Grizabella

I've had Tarot Mirrors and Tarot for Yourself by Mary Greer and they're just too much---they're into so much other stuff that I couldn't stay interested in them. I think this book is just excellent. I hope she'll stick with books of this type in the future. :) This book sticks with the theme, where it seems like the other books were just all over the place and into such technical things that I didn't find pertained to what I wanted to know about tarot that I soon traded them off. I'm sure they would appeal to people who had been reading tarot for years and years and years like she has, but they're too much for someone like me who has only been at it for a few years.

maszat

I totally agree with you Lyric. I wanted to like Tarot for Yourself and had used it a couple of times but I loose interest in it quickly as it is just too dry for me.
I still have it though maybe in the future I will appreciate it more...

Enidan

I just ordered it yesterday...:) I've noticed a lot of you don't like Tarot For Your Self and from what I read I'm not sure about getting it.. But if you look at the top 10 books of the Aeclectic website, Tarot For Your Self is 2nd..I already read 78 DW and I ordered 21 Ways to Read A Tarot Card.. Do you think that that will be good enough to not have to get Tarot For Your Self or is there still more that I could learn from it? Or if there is any other books that would go better with what I have... Thanks.:)